What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.2 today

We were away most of the day yesterday on 'car' business ;) and up early today for the weekly shop. Quite a few people out early shopping this morning but we managed to get most everything so that's a winner.
Driving back into the village we saw that some bright spark/s had chucked empty cans along the grass verge one every few yards all the way to the top of the hill :( not a problem we have often but one we occasionally do get when there are visitors about in the Summer (also many abandoned single shoes for some reason :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - rabbits, rabbits - that's my families version of the good luck greeting for the first of the month, my siblings and I follow our mum's lead by text :joyful: I'm liking the mountain perspective in your zen sketch :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Litter! Yuck! my sympathies for all who are finding their usually quiet areas rubbish strewn :sorry: but I'm glad Moet's vet visit went well :)
A splendid tree in your second painting, it glows and stands strongly as the focus of the painting, the third stile painting is lovely, I spent quite a lot of time in Derbyshire in my 'youth' and the whole area of Yorkshire/Derbyshire holds so many joyfull memories :joyful: those walls and the little (railway?) arch feel just so familiar to me :)

art catch up for today - quite small just a bit bigger than A6

View attachment 42449

Thank you @geefull
My partner used to say 'white rabbits'. We all have a slightly different version!

You have painted a beautiful peaceful tree lined lane.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.2 today

We were away most of the day yesterday on 'car' business ;) and up early today for the weekly shop. Quite a few people out early shopping this morning but we managed to get most everything so that's a winner.
Driving back into the village we saw that some bright spark/s had chucked empty cans along the grass verge one every few yards all the way to the top of the hill :( not a problem we have often but one we occasionally do get when there are visitors about in the Summer (also many abandoned single shoes for some reason :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - rabbits, rabbits - that's my families version of the good luck greeting for the first of the month, my siblings and I follow our mum's lead by text :joyful: I'm liking the mountain perspective in your zen sketch :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Litter! Yuck! my sympathies for all who are finding their usually quiet areas rubbish strewn :sorry: but I'm glad Moet's vet visit went well :)
A splendid tree in your second painting, it glows and stands strongly as the focus of the painting, the third stile painting is lovely, I spent quite a lot of time in Derbyshire in my 'youth' and the whole area of Yorkshire/Derbyshire holds so many joyfull memories :joyful: those walls and the little (railway?) arch feel just so familiar to me :)

art catch up for today - quite small just a bit bigger than A6

View attachment 42449
thank you, I'm pleased my Derbyshire painting evoked some good memories.

Nice watercolour can feel the damp and a chill to the air, atmosphere well captured. Liked the stone wall and track being claimed by nature.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A strange day with some nice moments. Visit to MILs bungalow meant we also popped in to catch up with a cousin in their garden. They know someone looking for a bungalow as his wife can't get upstairs and so Thursday we are back to meet them and see if he is interested in buying. All seems strange as MIL is still alive and kicking in the nursing home, but it needs to be sold before winter, all feels very complicated but Mrs MC does have power of attorney so can be done and money will go into MILs account, an end to another chapter. Of course lots of learning, legality of selling, solicitor or no solicitor, deeds, landregister and all that goes with how payment made, life seems to have just got a bit more complicated.

So painting not much today, quickly knocked together some ideas for Friday Family Challenge which is 'Beetles'. I have done nothing original just drawn and painted some images, quite pleased with my Beetle though. I am also learning the song Yesterday to play and sing, never done it before in all the years of performing, not easy.
View attachment 42452

A good day, a new chapter now. It would feel a bit strange selling MIL's house.

Interesting selection of beetles! I like your green/blue Beetle!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher our Zen expert, keep up the experimenting, good for keeping young. As the song says, 'Stay young keep your wheels in motion" or for the rockers amongst you, 'Stay young with your Rock n Rolling, for the best things in life are free', great song, love performing it.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

I like experimenting and trying out new things!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good day, a new chapter now. It would feel a bit strange selling MIL's house.

Interesting selection of beetles! I like your green/blue Beetle!
Thank you, non of the beetles are from my own imagination, all been done before. Interesting trying to emulate that metallic shine beetles have. I may try an abstract useing the metallic feel if I get time.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5,7 on this bright but cloudy morning.

Off to MILs bungalow again tidayto meet potential buyer, it's not on the market but it I still getting more and more difficult to keep on top of maintenance so perhaps for the best. Emotional days ahead for Mrs MC and lots of hard work clearing it out if the people are interested.

Changing and challenging times in many ways, I hope we can all find appropriate and pleasant paths through them. Stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5,7 on this bright but cloudy morning.

Off to MILs bungalow again tidayto meet potential buyer, it's not on the market but it I still getting more and more difficult to keep on top of maintenance so perhaps for the best. Emotional days ahead for Mrs MC and lots of hard work clearing it out if the people are interested.

Changing and challenging times in many ways, I hope we can all find appropriate and pleasant paths through them. Stay safe.

May you have a safe, successful, and wonderful day @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmm, had a bad night and a morning score of 9.0 for no good reason. Lots of acid reflux in the night so maybe that's it. Once Tesco have been I will go back to sleep, hope your day starts better than mine ;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...more remote working this week a relatively quick couple pf hours thank goodness not sure I could have done another 3am job!...up super early shopping being delivered this morning between 6-8am (only slot available) so maybe time for another coffee before that arrives...lots to do today if I can get it done Pink Gin & Tonic this evening...woke to a 6.5

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blue sky here at the moment but some thunder is possible later. Unlikely to be either unprecedented or world leading so of no consequence. The sensor activated last thing yesterday is generating random numbers but a 5.2 fbg is possible. Torn bicep from unloading a pallet of flooring yesterday is starting to show an impressive bruise. @Alien Aspie hope the delivery comes soon and hug for the acid reflux and poor night. @Muddy Cyclist I hope the day goes as well as it can and thinking of you and Mrs M C.
Remember, however old you are it is always good to play nice and share your toys.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a damp squib in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel cranked over during the night, powered this time by a thai green curry on, for me, a big splodge of celeriac mash resulting in a 4.8 this am, mainly thanks to stevia balancing the oooh-maamiz.

Wonderful tree lined path @geefull and yes, what is it about single shoes?
Impressed with the metallic carapace @Muddy Cyclist and you really captured the features of the fab four. Big hug for Mrs MC - trying times.
@Alien Aspie - hope you have a better day.

I keep dipping into this Zen app, I think that my mother will be downloading it also. She did mention that it would save all that work grinding ink each morning. Oh well!.

Have the very best day that you can have. I am going for koffy.

upload_2020-7-2_7-49-42.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Weather a lot nicer than forecast. Relaxing with a coffee. Will read the paper before starting work. I can't believe how fast this week has flown by.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a damp squib in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel cranked over during the night, powered this time by a thai green curry on, for me, a big splodge of celeriac mash resulting in a 4.8 this am, mainly thanks to stevia balancing the oooh-maamiz.

Wonderful tree lined path @geefull and yes, what is it about single shoes?
Impressed with the metallic carapace @Muddy Cyclist and you really captured the features of the fab four. Big hug for Mrs MC - trying times.
@Alien Aspie - hope you have a better day.

I keep dipping into this Zen app, I think that my mother will be downloading it also. She did mention that it would save all that work grinding ink each morning. Oh well!.

Have the very best day that you can have. I am going for koffy.

View attachment 42476
Very Salvador Dalí, must look at this app. Thankyou for your kind best wishes for MIL situation and comment on my art, as I said though regrettably non of the Beetle images were my own original ideas.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @gennepher thank you for your concern and support regarding MIL On a more positive note MIL who pre Christmas was not expected to be with us more than a few weeks seems to be going from strength to strength, mixed blessings, life is precious and MILs fighting for it should be celebrated, whilst the quality of that life seems so cruel. My only hope is the world she is living in inside her mind is a wonderful place and gives MIL pleasure rather than frustration. The careers at the home says she is always cheerful and pleasant to care for so maybe she is in some way content.

@Alien Aspie hope your health quickly improves.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a brilliant day.
We are beyond ourselves today the new hoover is arriving gennepher ..tired of gadgety vacuums cordless ones going back to the mighty Miele plug in we had for years...never looked forward to vacuuming the house so much before a little sad really.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Last edited: