Soluble fibre

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Can anyone advise on low carb sources of soluble fibre? Or share a link to a website that has clear lists of soluble and insoluble? So many say some fruits and veg Not helpful!

Thanks

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Inulin, a teaspoonful in a glass of water, three times a day. I can't say it's a cure-all but it definitely helps me.

Reactions: VioletViolet

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks , I've tried that and it doesn't agree with me I would like some natural freah foods really, I'm not keto.

May be helpful to give some more context. Natural fresh foods would imply vegetables to me, but you ruled those out.
What is the need for soluble fibre? What else do you eat? Might get some more useful suggestions with that information.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May be helpful to give some more context. Natural fresh foods would imply vegetables to me, but you ruled those out.
What is the need for soluble fibre? What else do you eat? Might get some more useful suggestions with that information.
Sorry am half asleep and not being clear. I want to distinguish between soluble and insoluble fruit and veg not rule them out. A list of soluble fresh foods is what I'm after

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use linseed (also known as flax seed) or chia seeds, or any of the mixed seed mixes you can get now. Milled (crushed) works fine for me as whole ones get stuck in my teeth and annoys me and my dentist.
I started with up to 3 tablespoons a day mixed into yoghurt but am now down to a tablespoon only every day or so.
I was recommended these by gut doctor as I have diverticulitis which can get inflamed . He told me never to get constipated.
These seeds I find are magic, they seem to loosen up the firm, and firm up the loose. Easy to adjust amounts to suit you.
Now on low carb I also use them to thicken yoghurt as a pudding, or to make 90 sec mug bread, or in grilled cheese to make crackers.
Lidl sell good mixed packs at reasonable prices in the cereal aisle, or I get larger packs from health food store.
Keep opened pack in fridge.
I've recommend them to many friends with digestion problems, and all have said they work

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"These seeds I find are magic, they seem to loosen up the firm, and firm up the loose"

I will try chia seeds thank you so much Am a bit wary of linseed .

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
+1 on chia seeds, I have an avocado smoothie daily, with a tablespoon of chia seeds. I usually add psyllium husk too. Keeps things moving : )