Risk assessment

Josie66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Are there any nhs staff here who will be returning to work in August following sheilding. Im trying to find out which risk assessment matrix is being used to ensure safe return to work.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are there any nhs staff here who will be returning to work in August following sheilding. Im trying to find out which risk assessment matrix is being used to ensure safe return to work.

Josie66 - Why not just ask for it? These things shouldn't be a secret.

Perhaps you need to talk to Health and Wellbeing, or whatever label your Trust's Occupational Health is wearing at the moment.

Edited to add: I just Googled the following, and returned loads of results from many Trusts, many dated July 2020, so in our COVID times: , I hope "nhs return to work covid risk assessment template shielding"

I didn't look at any of the documents, but there should be some useful stuff in there.

Reactions: Struma

Josie66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
I have had mine done but don't believe it was the correct one for people who have been sheilding. Have also contacted occupational health and health and safety for advice
Just wanted to see what other NHS units are using as there are many different risk assessment forms and maybe there should be a specific one for high risk staff

Josie66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Josie66 - Why not just ask for it? These things shouldn't be a secret.

Perhaps you need to talk to Health and Wellbeing, or whatever label your Trust's Occupational Health is wearing at the moment.

Edited to add: I just Googled the following, and returned loads of results from many Trusts, many dated July 2020, so in our COVID times: , I hope "nhs return to work covid risk assessment template shielding"

I didn't look at any of the documents, but there should be some useful stuff in there.

Thanks ive done that already and
that's the problem..theres so many and all different. We should probably have a standard one..one that ensures nhs staff are assessed fairly .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks ive done that already and
that's the problem..theres so many and all different. We should probably have a standard one..one that ensures nhs staff are assessed fairly .

My thinking is that's a great idea, but the reality is it really depends on the individual's role, and therefore the environments they are exposed to, and their underlying conditions requiring the assessment.

An individual with essentially no immune system, working in A&E or ICU probably has a greater risk than a person with a bit of hypertension (not trivialising the hypertension at all) working in an NHS office, well away from clinical environments.

I would suggest those two profiles and risks would be very different.

My feeling is, the NHS is keen to redeploy as many previously away from work in whatever capacity staff as possible, so will have to look at individual situations, rather than a tick-box, one-size-fits-all exercise.

Of course, each way has winners and losers.

I would still urge that you ask Health and Wellbeing (or whatever Occ Health is in your area) for both the assessment criteria and your full report, once it is complete - whether or not you get the result you want.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Judith has been working from home she had a risk assessment done by phone but will have another done early in August she is unsure as to what criteria the hospital where she works is using. But is going to try and find out.

Josie66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Thanks for your responses x