Trying to understand Cholesterol results

Chiefy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2D!!
Good morning all, help please! Following my recent blood tests I asked for a copy of them to see my cholesterol breakdown. 3 months ago I was 4.8 and the Dr said I had to go on statins which I didn’t do. My results now are 5.3 (but HbA1c has come down considerably due to change of diet) and the breakdown is as follows:

Serum cholesterol - 5.3
Serum HDL cholesterol level - 1.2 mmol
Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio - 4.4
Serum triglycerides - 1.7 mmol
Calculated LDL cholesterol - 3.33 mmol
SE non HDL cholesterol - 4.1 mmol

having read the very helpful threads I understand there are the 3 (HDL/tri/LDL) but the way in which this has been shown on the print out has thrown me and is there anything I need to be concerned about? and what numbers do I need to look at? Thankyou as always....

Chiefy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2D!!
I did ask if I needed to fast and the nurse said no need which I thought was strange. Anyway, it was an early morning appointment so if memory serves me, I only consumed a cup of coffee. Nothing eaten that morning as far as I can recall.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did ask if I needed to fast and the nurse said no need which I thought was strange. Anyway, it was an early morning appointment so if memory serves me, I only consumed a cup of coffee. Nothing eaten that morning as far as I can recall.

The coffee could explain your elevated triglycerides which are the only thing that looks "off" to me.
Some people seem to be susceptible to coffee raising them.
But next time fast for 12-14 hours beforehand drinking only water or the results are pretty meaningless to be honest.

As to statins .. it's up to you what you put into your body not your GP/Nurse something many of us often forget.

Chiefy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2D!!
The coffee could explain your elevated triglycerides which are the only thing that looks "off" to me.
Some people seem to be susceptible to coffee raising them.
But next time fast for 12-14 hours beforehand drinking only water or the results are pretty meaningless to be honest.

As to statins .. it's up to you what you put into your body not your GP/Nurse something many of us often forget.
Many thanks....

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: HSSS