Abbott encryption (so Miao Miao May stop working?)

Jessitalia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I am trialling a Miao Miao which is great but kind of annoying as I’m an Apple user and can’t seem to access Spike. So I’ve been down an app rabbit hole these last 2 days and Diabits answered a question I had with the info below. Maybe it’s not new news but as I’m just about to buy a Miao Miao (and Apple Watch for at work), I’m fairly gutted!
249C0ACB-2864-448C-B427-3E7DA819AB7A.jpeg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd argue that's incorrect :) or I'm happily using an iPhone & Miaomiao and the xDrip iOS software, the issue will be the Libre 2 although the Android guys have cracked that to show the 5 minute updates, the xDrip guys have only been able to read it with the Miaomiao and the latest software updates allow for that.

Abbott will be busy as someone's unlocked the Libre so it can be software restarted at 14 days.

Reactions: Jessitalia

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Jessitalia ,

I use MM2 & xdrip on Android. No issues whatsoever..
I can on average (to date.) get 14.5 days out of a libre using my MM before it kinda stops or goes a bit loopy? . i keep a close eye on the consistency.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I usually get 14.5 days out of the libre sensor using the MM2 with the tomato app.
Or at least I did before the dog ate my homework miaomiao.
Have decided to try the Bubble next, because it is £30 less expensive than the MM2

Reactions: JMcB

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Yes, I usually get 14.5 days out of the libre sensor using the MM2 with the tomato app.
Or at least I did before the dog ate my homework miaomiao.
Have decided to try the Bubble next, because it is £30 less expensive than the MM2
Oooh oooh! PLEASE let me know how you get on if you do buy a Bubble. I posted a thread recently asking for anyone who has already got one to comment, but so far no reply.

I use Android, MiaoMiao type 1, Libre type 1 sensors and xDrip+
The connection works, but I do seem to have to reset my xDrip / MiaoMiao interface a lot. I am not certain why.
I think it is the NFC (Near Field Connection) aerial in my MiaoMiao that is the problem.

Apart from the slightly cheaper price, what attracts you to buy a Bubble?
Is it the software?
Chris

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh oooh! PLEASE let me know how you get on if you do buy a Bubble. I posted a thread recently asking for anyone who has already got one to comment, but so far no reply.

I use Android, MiaoMiao type 1, Libre type 1 sensors and xDrip+
The connection works, but I do seem to have to reset my xDrip / MiaoMiao interface a lot. I am not certain why.
I think it is the NFC (Near Field Connection) aerial in my MiaoMiao that is the problem.

Apart from the slightly cheaper price, what attracts you to buy a Bubble?
Is it the software?
Chris

Will do - and will answer your question on your Bubble thread, rather than derail this one :)