1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Abbott encryption (so Miao Miao May stop working?)

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Jessitalia, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Jessitalia

Jessitalia Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I am trialling a Miao Miao which is great but kind of annoying as I’m an Apple user and can’t seem to access Spike. So I’ve been down an app rabbit hole these last 2 days and Diabits answered a question I had with the info below. Maybe it’s not new news but as I’m just about to buy a Miao Miao (and Apple Watch for at work), I’m fairly gutted! 249C0ACB-2864-448C-B427-3E7DA819AB7A.jpeg

2. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'd argue that's incorrect :) or I'm happily using an iPhone & Miaomiao and the xDrip iOS software, the issue will be the Libre 2 although the Android guys have cracked that to show the 5 minute updates, the xDrip guys have only been able to read it with the Miaomiao and the latest software updates allow for that.

Abbott will be busy as someone's unlocked the Libre so it can be software restarted at 14 days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Jessitalia ,

I use MM2 & xdrip on Android. No issues whatsoever..
    I can on average (to date.) get 14.5 days out of a libre using my MM before it kinda stops or goes a bit loopy? . i keep a close eye on the consistency.

4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru

Yes, I usually get 14.5 days out of the libre sensor using the MM2 with the tomato app.
    Or at least I did before the dog ate my homework miaomiao.
    Have decided to try the Bubble next, because it is £30 less expensive than the MM2

• Like Like x 1
  5. Capt-Slog

Capt-Slog LADA · Well-Known Member

Oooh oooh! PLEASE let me know how you get on if you do buy a Bubble. I posted a thread recently asking for anyone who has already got one to comment, but so far no reply.

I use Android, MiaoMiao type 1, Libre type 1 sensors and xDrip+
    The connection works, but I do seem to have to reset my xDrip / MiaoMiao interface a lot. I am not certain why.
    I think it is the NFC (Near Field Connection) aerial in my MiaoMiao that is the problem.

Apart from the slightly cheaper price, what attracts you to buy a Bubble?
    Is it the software?
    Chris

6. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru

Will do - and will answer your question on your Bubble thread, rather than derail this one :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook