Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its isn't just one finger prick.. they send you a tube and you have to fill it above a certain level so far as I know..
I believe @Brunneria has used them in the past.

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just came across this . Surely it’s a load of auld rubbish . You can get HbA1c results from a finger prick
Hi Peadair, sorry for any worry caused. All of the tests we offer (including HbA1c) can be accurately tested via finger-prick. You can read more here: https://intercom.help/thrivahelpcenter/en/articles/1058747-how-accurate-are-the-results

Hi,

The vials that Thriva have sent me require approx 2 cubic ml of blood in each one. That is a guess, of course, since I haven't actually measured it, but that gives a rough idea. It is much smaller than the vials that are used for blood tests at the doc's.

They also send special lancets (bigger and deeper than the lancet on the glucometers we use) and plasters for your finger, afterwards.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok thanks
I don’t know I still think it’s a bit iffy

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok thanks
I don’t know I still think it’s a bit iffy

Peadair, it's absolutely fine. Many Diabetes Centres and Clinics use that style of testing these days.

Thriva and a few other places, like Medichecks, Blue Horizon or even MonitorMyHealth use this style of testing - sometimes as an option, but sometimes that's the only option they offer.

MonitorMyhealth is the NHS Lab, at Exeter Hospital. They offer private tests, at a commercially competitive cost, using NHS machines in the quieter hours at the lab (evenings, overnight and weekends). You just do a finger prick at home, package it up, in the packaging they provide and post it off to them. Results a day or so later.

I haven't used Thriva, but have used MonitorMyHealth for thyroid tests and found them to be excellent.

https://monitormyhealth.org.uk/

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you
I just get very sceptical of firms that post on Facebook. But thanks for the heads up

Reactions: DCUKMod