1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Thriva

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Peadair O Brionn, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Peadair O Brionn

Peadair O Brionn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Its isn't just one finger prick.. they send you a tube and you have to fill it above a certain level so far as I know..
    I believe @Brunneria has used them in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru

Hi,

The vials that Thriva have sent me require approx 2 cubic ml of blood in each one. That is a guess, of course, since I haven't actually measured it, but that gives a rough idea. It is much smaller than the vials that are used for blood tests at the doc's.

They also send special lancets (bigger and deeper than the lancet on the glucometers we use) and plasters for your finger, afterwards.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Peadair O Brionn

Ok thanks
    I don’t know I still think it’s a bit iffy

5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Peadair, it's absolutely fine. Many Diabetes Centres and Clinics use that style of testing these days.

Thriva and a few other places, like Medichecks, Blue Horizon or even MonitorMyHealth use this style of testing - sometimes as an option, but sometimes that's the only option they offer.

MonitorMyhealth is the NHS Lab, at Exeter Hospital. They offer private tests, at a commercially competitive cost, using NHS machines in the quieter hours at the lab (evenings, overnight and weekends). You just do a finger prick at home, package it up, in the packaging they provide and post it off to them. Results a day or so later.

I haven't used Thriva, but have used MonitorMyHealth for thyroid tests and found them to be excellent.

https://monitormyhealth.org.uk/

6. Peadair O Brionn

Thank you
    I just get very sceptical of firms that post on Facebook. But thanks for the heads up

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook