Marston's Resolution - Any About?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried to reorder more Marston's Resolution Low-carb beer. Marston's aren't taking online orders and can't say when they will start again. They redirected me to the Wychwood website (still owned by Marston's) who took an order and then cancelled it as out of stock. Anyone know of anywhere still holding a stock of Resolution?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you checked online supermarkets? Amazon shows 1 left in stock.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you checked online supermarkets? Amazon shows 1 left in stock.
Yes, but I don't really fancy the >100% markup applied. I think my last order from Marston's back in January was for was 3x24 bottles, and it cost about £54. Amazon offering 24 bottles for £45. I may have to switch to chianti.

RGJ1970

I think I must have last 24 off wychwood a couple of weeks ago. £19 for 24. Out of stock now. Not paying rip off Amazon price. Hope Marston’s start production going soon. Slightly off topic- anyone know rough carbs in a pint of a general craft session IPA at about 4%?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I must have last 24 off wychwood a couple of weeks ago. £19 for 24. Out of stock now. Not paying rip off Amazon price. Hope Marston’s start production going soon. Slightly off topic- anyone know rough carbs in a pint of a general craft session IPA at about 4%?
London Pride, Speckled Hen, Greene King Abbot, that sort of thing are about 15-20g of carbs per 500ml although it seems impossible to get a reliable figure and then there is the complication that some of the sugars may not be digested and the effect of the alcohol on BG. The only thing to do is to keep trying them - that's what I do.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
London Pride, Speckled Hen, Greene King Abbot, that sort of thing are about 15-20g of carbs per 500ml although it seems impossible to get a reliable figure and then there is the complication that some of the sugars may not be digested and the effect of the alcohol on BG. The only thing to do is to keep trying them - that's what I do.

Yep and all in the name of research, what else can you do eh? :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you find they lower or raise BG? Sorry - relatively new to this (T2D not beer)....
Beer raises BG but maybe not as much as you would expect from the carb content due to the mitigating effect of the alcohol. It may only be a delay, until the liver has dealt with the alcohol, someone with a CGM might be able to confirm that. I prefer to drink a small quantity of normal beer rather than more of the low carb ones which I don't like. I manage to keep to a non-diabetic HbA1c with a moderately low carb diet. Those for whom it is more of a struggle would be better to stick to spirits or dry wine rather than beer.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wychwood now has it in stock!! £19 for 24 bottles however courier postage isn’t cheap :)
I would like to try that but having 24 bottles of a beer you don't like is a bit of a waste. I think I will email Marston's to point out they might sell a lot more if people were able to buy a bottle or two to sample.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just ordered 72 Resolutions from Wychwood, thanks for the heads up. Marston's used to do free delivery for orders over £50, but it looks like that's gone. Resolution isn't the best beer in the world but it is miles better than any of the other "low carb" options imo and allows drinking beer in a "normal" way - without breaking my 30g a day carb limit. Marston's seem not to promote the beer's low-carb aspect at all although they do mention it's "low-calorie". It was around named as Low-C a few years ago. If I wasn't T2 I don't think it would be anywhere near my top division for beers - but I am, so it is.