Penfill

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
A few months ago I went onto the penfill refills and the first prescription came with a box looking everybit like a Nordisk product, the second prescription came in a box that looks like I could print and all the identity markers are stickers. Is it something I should be concerned about?

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
A few months ago I went onto the penfill refills and the first prescription came with a box looking everybit like a Nordisk product, the second prescription came in a box that looks like I could print and all the identity markers are stickers. Is it something I should be concerned about?

IMG_0980.jpg

Reactions: porl69

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
@slikwipman did you get the second from a pharmacy that you trust?
I think I have seen both boxes but there's no harm in asking your pharmacist.

Well done on moving away from pre-filled pens. They are a pet hate of mine as the refillable pens are more robust and theer's less waste.

Both from same pharmacy that delivers out from local premises, I have no reason not to trust them fully. I am on quite a few different medications, between 8-14, repeats a month and the branding on some changes all the time

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hmmmm, they look ok BUT looks can be deceiving I know. Give the pharmacy a call and tell them your concerns and see what they say. The boxes I would not be worried about ?AND honestly would be more concerned with the vials with no stickers on them. BUT give your pharmacy a call and espress your concerns

Reactions: slikwipman

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I suspect its just because the ones you are concerned about were just packaged and labelled for a foreign language, I know for a few goes (a couple of years ago) I kept getting Lantus with English Language stickers over the proper labels because they were ones that had foreign language labels on them, its possible the ones with the missing stickers either never get them for that language or had just been removed cos they weren't in English. Edit: looking at the pics it might actually be the English ones without the stickers, anyways, either way its possible not all get said stickers anyway
I did check with my chemist at the time, and trusted them, and they knew me - I don't need to say who I am when I go to collect stuff..

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
I suspect its just because the ones you are concerned about were just packaged and labelled for a foreign language, I know for a few goes (a couple of years ago) I kept getting Lantus with English Language stickers over the proper labels because they were ones that had foreign language labels on them, its possible the ones with the missing stickers either never get them for that language or had just been removed cos they weren't in English. Edit: looking at the pics it might actually be the English ones without the stickers, anyways, either way its possible not all get said stickers anyway
I did check with my chemist at the time, and trusted them, and they knew me - I don't need to say who I am when I go to collect stuff..
Your explanation is along the lines of what I was thinking, Thanks it helps with my peace of mind. I can be a bit clumsy when it comes to communication as the following statement may show but being in England I am not prepared to phone a pharmacist and insinuate that they have supplied me with a fake product Thanks again for confirming what I suspected

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I am not prepared to phone a pharmacist and insinuate that they have supplied me with a fake product ]

I would still be phoning the pharmacist! Dont be saying you suspect its fake. Just ask why the different packaging. You are concerned as its a life saving drug

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
I would still be phoning the pharmacist! Dont be saying you suspect its fake. Just ask why the different packaging. You are concerned as its a life saving drug

A pharmacist is a highly regarded profession who work damned hard over several years so they can serve a often ungrateful sick population. There’s no way on gods green Earth I am going to accuse one of handling fake medication. I couldn’t think of a greater insult to accuse a highly trained professional of doing. I am comfortable that they were originally prepared for a different market. If I was to investigate further I will phone the manufacturer. Thanks for helping

TypeZero.

Tbh a pharmacy can get away with pretty much prescribing any fake medicine but insulin is different because the effects are so pronounced and represented numerically in your blood sugar so I wouldn’t be worried.

They tend to source some medical products from abroad. For example my Contour Next test strips are mostly from France but get English stickers but sometimes I get the English ones which are probably from the US