MS

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I echo what everyone else has said on here, @ally1 . You are one strong lady. Now you are back on the forum, don't be a stranger. We all love and respect you and you have many shoulders to cry on should you need to. Sending lots of virtual hugs. xx

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I echo what everyone else has said on here, @ally1 . You are one strong lady. Now you are back on the forum, don't be a stranger. We all love and respect you and you have many shoulders to cry on should you need to. Sending lots of virtual hugs. xx
Thank you bluetit.
I have missed being on here and missed everyone x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What I do think should now happen, is for the neurologist, rheumatologist and ENT to interact together as to what may be interfering with each illness/disability.
Once I get over the shock of having MS, I will be on here more often, terrorising you and the mods x

Ally, I don't know when you are next due to "see" any of your Consultants, but in your shoes, I would share with him your concerns about the potential for clashes, or confusion, in terms of treatment. I'd also add the Psych in there, because everything physical impacts out mind and mood too.

Now, please ignore the labels on this image, but it is how I see it all - those 3 Consultants in the mix, with the overlaps impacting one or more other condition, the the wrap around circle, in my mind is the psychological impacts.

As you well know, we have to be our own strongest advocates in all these things, but you have some great tools for that, that have been hard won and learned the hard way, over the years.

upload_2020-8-17_10-55-37.png

Ally, relating to your diabetes; I can understand how and why it might have taken a back seat in recent times. Sometimes it's a bit like juggling and we can't quite manage all the balls in the air together, so sometimes something has to be dropped for a while.

Just be kind to yourself. You deserve it.

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally, I don't know when you are next due to "see" any of your Consultants, but in your shoes, I would share with him your concerns about the potential for clashes, or confusion, in terms of treatment. I'd also add the Psych in there, because everything physical impacts out mind and mood too.

Now, please ignore the labels on this image, but it is how I see it all - those 3 Consultants in the mix, with the overlaps impacting one or more other condition, the the wrap around circle, in my mind is the psychological impacts.

As you well know, we have to be our own strongest advocates in all these things, but you have some great tools for that, that have been hard won and learned the hard way, over the years.

View attachment 43393

Ally, relating to your diabetes; I can understand how and why it might have taken a back seat in recent times. Sometimes it's a bit like juggling and we can't quite manage all the balls in the air together, so sometimes something has to be dropped for a while.

Just be kind to yourself. You deserve it.
So true what you have said.
I am due a telephone call from my psych tomorrow as he isn't doing face to face appt yet because of the virus, same with rheumatologist and ENT. ENT is a no no f2f at the moment because that is another camera down throat via nose. I understand that. So it's now waiting appts at hospital until they feel happy to see me in person.
So now I can concentrate on the diabetes now x

Reactions: DCUKMod

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you haven’t already, ally, it might help to get in touch with this support organisation.

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/care-and-support/financial-help

perhaps there is a local support group, (similar to the group you used to volunteer for) or someone who will be able to assist in any applications for benefits and grants.
I would just add that your resilience and positive attitude are an inspiration, and I don’t doubt that if you did find a social group with others who have MS, you would give more support than you took.

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
If you haven’t already, ally, it might help to get in touch with this support organisation.

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/care-and-support/financial-help

perhaps there is a local support group, (similar to the group you used to volunteer for) or someone who will be able to assist in any applications for benefits and grants.
I would just add that your resilience and positive attitude are an inspiration, and I don’t doubt that if you did find a social group with others who have MS, you would give more support than you took.
Thank you.
I will take a look at the site.
I am already on esa, am waiting immently for a face to face to renew my PIP. But many people I have heard about, can lose all PIP. Nothing I can do until I have that and get the outcome,

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you can get support in your application, @ally1 . You now have a change in circumstance with your new diagnosis, so this should not be overlooked.
I wonder if you would find this useful?

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test

A lot of people do not know that this should be taken into consideration:-

PLEASE NOTE, When you are assessing yourself, the law says that you only count as being able to do something if you can do it safely; to an acceptable standard; repeatedly and in a reasonable time period. Guidance also says that 'pain, fatigue, breathlessness, nausea and motivation' should all be taken into account.

A
lso, if you can only carry out an activity for some of the time, rather than always, then that needs to be considered too.

Best of luck, ally. I hope you get the PIP award you need, and that you keep as healthy and happy as possible.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I hope you can get support in your application, @ally1 . You now have a change in circumstance with your new diagnosis, so this should not be overlooked.
I wonder if you would find this useful?

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test

A lot of people do not know that this should be taken into consideration:-

PLEASE NOTE, When you are assessing yourself, the law says that you only count as being able to do something if you can do it safely; to an acceptable standard; repeatedly and in a reasonable time period. Guidance also says that 'pain, fatigue, breathlessness, nausea and motivation' should all be taken into account.

A
lso, if you can only carry out an activity for some of the time, rather than always, then that needs to be considered too.

Best of luck, ally. I hope you get the PIP award you need, and that you keep as healthy and happy as possible.
Sorry I didn't mean to do the smiley
Thank you for the info x