Hypo

Kevvb1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Random one I take tresiba 44 units at night and novarapid for food.. but lately I have not been eating in the day I’m just not hungry and I’ll wake up and my bg is about 10ishh when I get home from work I find I’m having a hypo how does that work ‍♂️

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Random one I take tresiba 44 units at night and novarapid for food.. but lately I have not been eating in the day I’m just not hungry and I’ll wake up and my bg is about 10ishh when I get home from work I find I’m having a hypo how does that work ‍♂️

Hi,

At a rough guess?
You may need to do a basal test regarding the dosage of your long acting..
The 10ish in the morning may be a liver dump of glycogen (I get this before a day's graft. Normally after the mad rush getting my act together. I don't do breakfast.) which your case, Treshiba could be working on during the working day activities.?

Just speculating, I'm not sure of your trade.

Reactions: ert

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Similiar ish pattern when i don't eat much (heat or not bothered) I seem to need to reduce basal as well as bolus. If your body weight has dropped this would also mean less insulin is needed. Start with the basal anyway.

Reactions: EllieM

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Similiar ish pattern when i don't eat much (heat or not bothered) I seem to need to reduce basal as well as bolus. If your body weight has dropped this would also mean less insulin is needed. Start with the basal anyway.

Oddly, I was doing some temp work for a fake grass laying company last week in that blistering heat on the south west coast.?
Didn't eat all day. Bloods steady on my CGM set up, but was dropping by the afternoon 4pm.
That was still after pre-emting lowering my basal. My girly dancer's frame was commented on as looking wiry by the end of the week. The wife thought I'd been working out. (Probably the sun toning me up too.)
For me, heat increases insulin sensitivity.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oddly, I was doing some temp work for a fake grass laying company last week in that blistering heat on the south west coast.?
Didn't eat all day. Bloods steady on my CGM set up, but was dropping by the afternoon 4pm.
That was still after pre-emting lowering my basal. My girly dancer's frame was commented on as looking wiry by the end of the week. The wife thought I'd been working out. (Probably the sun toning me up too.)
For me, heat increases insulin sensitivity.
Indeed as do extra muscles. That's why leg waxing strips carry warnings for diabetics!!

Reactions: porl69