1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hypo

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Kevvb1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Kevvb1

Kevvb1 Type 1 · Active Member

Random one I take tresiba 44 units at night and novarapid for food.. but lately I have not been eating in the day I’m just not hungry and I’ll wake up and my bg is about 10ishh when I get home from work I find I’m having a hypo how does that work ‍♂️

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

At a rough guess?
    You may need to do a basal test regarding the dosage of your long acting..
    The 10ish in the morning may be a liver dump of glycogen (I get this before a day's graft. Normally after the mad rush getting my act together. I don't do breakfast.) which your case, Treshiba could be working on during the working day activities.?

Just speculating, I'm not sure of your trade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Similiar ish pattern when i don't eat much (heat or not bothered) I seem to need to reduce basal as well as bolus. If your body weight has dropped this would also mean less insulin is needed. Start with the basal anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Oddly, I was doing some temp work for a fake grass laying company last week in that blistering heat on the south west coast.?
    Didn't eat all day. Bloods steady on my CGM set up, but was dropping by the afternoon 4pm.
    That was still after pre-emting lowering my basal. My girly dancer's frame was commented on as looking wiry by the end of the week. The wife thought I'd been working out. (Probably the sun toning me up too.)
    For me, heat increases insulin sensitivity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Indeed as do extra muscles. That's why leg waxing strips carry warnings for diabetics!!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook