Type 1 diabetes cure

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Out of interest why does your profile say 'BANNED'?! You clearly aren't and I cannot imagine why you would be!
Insulin is a hormone and does lots of things beyond controlling blood glucose.
Always fancied a day trip to the Islets of Langerhan -they always sound a bit mystical to me!
I believe Kev has been banned, sadly.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread is now wandering off topic. Please stick to comments relevant to the OP. Any further derailing posts will be deleted.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
When I was first diagnosed and throughout the first couple of decades I was told a cure was on the horizon, seems there has been a continuous massive eclipse blocking the view.
Can't see it happening in my life time, but for my granddaughter, I hope it will happen in her lifetime <3

Reactions: jackthejoker

Rhys.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Goods news, is that there is currently a race, to try and find the right remedy / formula, that's as strong as it's ever been from top professors all over the world. Stem cells, Beta Cell Regeneration, Immunotherapy, there are countless routes and methods to curing this for us.

The main issue, is funding and approving human trials which are safe for the participants.

Personally, I do feel that Beta Cell regeneration and Immunotherapy, will be the winner here. Even those of us, that have had type 1 for let's say 40 years, have residual beta cells. The way to make these regenerate and multiply, would be such an awesome and natural process. We would then of course, need to work on immunotherapy with this, to protect those that have been created / regenerated.

The cure is already here, but it's creating the correct formula, for it to process to the correct area of the human body ( Pancreas ) and not be directly attacked by the immune system.

Honestly, I do feel we are within 10 years of this happening. THE RACE, IS ON!!

Reactions: jackthejoker

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Honestly, I do feel we are within 10 years of this happening. THE RACE, IS ON!!

Which has been said to me for the past 49 years. I hope I am wrong BUT..........