1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 diabetes cure

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by hooner, Aug 27, 2020.

1. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

I believe Kev has been banned, sadly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks. I guess his posts haven't been deleted. That is sad and I hope it isn't permanent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Another knowledgeable T1D :shifty::shifty:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

This thread is now wandering off topic. Please stick to comments relevant to the OP. Any further derailing posts will be deleted.

5. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

When I was first diagnosed and throughout the first couple of decades I was told a cure was on the horizon, seems there has been a continuous massive eclipse blocking the view.
    Can't see it happening in my life time, but for my granddaughter, I hope it will happen in her lifetime <3

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rhys.

Rhys. Type 1 · Member

The Goods news, is that there is currently a race, to try and find the right remedy / formula, that's as strong as it's ever been from top professors all over the world. Stem cells, Beta Cell Regeneration, Immunotherapy, there are countless routes and methods to curing this for us.

The main issue, is funding and approving human trials which are safe for the participants.

Personally, I do feel that Beta Cell regeneration and Immunotherapy, will be the winner here. Even those of us, that have had type 1 for let's say 40 years, have residual beta cells. The way to make these regenerate and multiply, would be such an awesome and natural process. We would then of course, need to work on immunotherapy with this, to protect those that have been created / regenerated.

The cure is already here, but it's creating the correct formula, for it to process to the correct area of the human body ( Pancreas ) and not be directly attacked by the immune system.

Honestly, I do feel we are within 10 years of this happening. THE RACE, IS ON!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Which has been said to me for the past 49 years. I hope I am wrong BUT..........

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

It's like a "mirage.." ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook