We love our four-legged friends

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I am so sorry to hear your loss. I also lost my rabbit yesterday. Never gets easier. Lots of love to you xx
Sorry too for your loss Meghalton it's an awful time for both of us. Love to you too ! K

Reactions: Meghalton

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is Isla. Isla is a ten and a half year old Belgian Shepherd Malinois.
Isla is very bright and very greedy.
She's a bit of a thief, and you cannot leave food near her. But she is the most gorgeous affectionate dog with a real sense of humour. I love her dearly.

Attachments

• Isla%20June%202015_resized.jpg
    Isla%20June%202015_resized.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 310

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is Isla. Isla is a ten and a half year old Belgian Shepherd Malinois.
Isla is very bright and very greedy.
She's a bit of a thief, and you cannot leave food near her. But she is the most gorgeous affectionate dog with a real sense of humour. I love her dearly.
What a lovely looking dog,can fully understand how you feel about her! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you Granny_grump, she's a real character and very loving and great fun to own.
You enjoy her company every day we have just lost last week one of our two pugs she would have been 11 this year and was very loyal and loving she was a rescue pug she never left my side. We miss her greatly,so plenty hugs prescribed and just love her has your doing. K

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm really sorry to hear that, it's horrid when you lose an animal. All we can do is love them all of their lives and be left with happy memories. x

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm really sorry to hear that, it's horrid when you lose an animal. All we can do is love them all of their lives and be left with happy memories. x
Totally agree they give us so much for so little just enjoy them for has long has we can! K

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
34557291_10215065155696644_5301275702501310464_n.jpg

Look at Kareltje! He's almost a year old and catches rats regularly, but every day he climbs into the pen with the guinea pigs and the rabbit to socialize :) The first few times I was sure Kareltje would be the end of my guinea pigs, but he's been visiting them for at least four months now, so I guess everything's fine :)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Soooooo we currently have two cats, brothers, 16.
IMG_2274.jpg

--->I IZ UR YIN <--- I IZ UR YANG

I hope somebody remembers the old I Can Has Cheezburger... we got so "lolspeek" crept into work emails...... cats can't spell fer nuttin'!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77
sorry to hear about Maartjes broken leg. I must admit if we ever had to keep our boy cat in he wouldn't comply and simply goes out a top window. Our girl cat on the other hand is too daft and non athletic to even try it, so when she is kept in due to cysts/injury we simply have to close the cat flap. Heaven forbid its him ever!
Would your vet prescribe tranquilisers for a few days at least?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
also @Antje77 when our girl was diagnosed with a tumour on her foot, the young vet's instant reaction was to take her leg off as they do very well on 3. But she's old, has other tumours and it felt cruel to out her through amputation. So far a year later she's still doing fine on 4 legs . You know yours best. He will probably rock his way through it

Reactions: zauberflote

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your wise (?) old brothers are purrrfect, @zauberflote!
Can you still see the picture of Kareltje with the guinea pigs above, the post you gave a like? Doesn't show a picture anymore for me.
Kareltje must've had his encounter with a car shortly after that post. One of those wonderful cats who sadly spent all their nine lives at once.
Would your vet prescribe tranquilisers for a few days at least?
Now there's a thought. They will mail me the x-ray of the broken leg tomorrow, and I plan to have some more people look at it for advice.
But tranquilisers may be a possibility
My vet is going to call me anyway tomorrow, as she wanted to discuss with a colleague.
I'll keep you informed and will include a picture of Maartje as well.
Currently in bed, with an annoyed but loudly purring Efraïm on my lap, pawing my hand to let me know I should put my phone down and give him attention :cat::D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Soooooo we currently have two cats, brothers, 16.
View attachment 44037

--->I IZ UR YIN <--- I IZ UR YANG

I hope somebody remembers the old I Can Has Cheezburger... we got so "lolspeek" crept into work emails...... cats can't spell fer nuttin'!

WE IZ NEEDIN BIGGER STOOLZ

(and gorgeous they look, too!)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Found Maartje eating his food on the kitchen table this morning. The eating part is very good of course, and it was the perfect moment to see if he would eat the wet cat food I got from my neighbour with the painkiller. Worked very well, so provided I can find him once a day he'll get his medicine :)
But why did this idiot cat jump on the kitchen table with his broken leg? I've put various bowls of cat food on the floor in different places so he wouldn't have to jump, and he chose his regular bowl! Stupid cat.
Doing stuff like this doesn't help heal a fracture.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Antje77 no, the photo shows "broken" I've never dealt with broken legs, but if they made a "walking cast" would that also be a kiss of death? Because he couldn't jump. Tranquilizers sound like something to try. I'm glad they're consulting with colleagues-- that should get the creative juices flowing. Of COURSE he jumped up. He's a cat!
When our one with the white was about 2, he climbed up the ladder into the tree fort where we were having supper. We let him down in the bag the food came up in. Later, he tried it when we were in the house, and jumped off!!! 15 foot drop, and he chose not to use the bottom platform but to fly out and down to the ground... he BOUNCED! No harm except to my equanimity.
@Brunneria @@@@@@@@! The stools long predate the cats, and they are the only ones to steal them from their proper uses....

Reactions: Brunneria

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When our one with the white was about 2, he climbed up the ladder into the tree fort where we were having supper.
Now I want to have supper in a tree fort!

Here's the picture of Maartjes poor leg. To me it doesn't look like it will heal very well, but he might still get enough function back for his leg to be of use.
Still, it's so hard to make decisions on those kind of things :bookworm:.

119732238_10221818417443967_4305041665202769997_o.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Here's the picture of Maartjes poor leg. To me it doesn't look like it will heal very well, but he might still get enough function back for his leg to be of use.

Big ouch! Am surprised he's jumping with that
Do let us know what the vet suggests

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Big ouch! Am surprised he's jumping with that
Do let us know what the vet suggests
I will!
Vet visit was yesterday but a rethink will be in order tomorrow.
Not tonight anymore, I posted a question on it on a large facebook group and the amount of manure which has been dumped on me is unbelievable.
So tomorrow is soon enough. Sleep well!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Oh man that looks bad. I bet whatever happens he will indeed hunt another day! What delicate bones cats have! I am envisioning a teeny tiny surgery to pin the bone, or internally splint it or something ingenious.
Your FB group should be ashamed of themselves....