Saving Wolf during a tack

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Moderate exercise is easy! Get three dogs and two cats, wait for winter, close the door of your living room to keep the warmth inside and get up every five minutes because someone wants in or out!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Moderate exercise is easy! Get three dogs and two cats, wait for winter, close the door of your living room to keep the warmth inside and get up every five minutes because someone wants in or out!
What a great menagerie of animals you obviously don't mind the getting up and down and drafty living that accompanies a life with dogs! Has well I know my two pugs need to go out again soon? Tried to upload a photo of my two but not able to send it not sure why? K

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What a great menagerie of animals you obviously don't mind the getting up and down and drafty living that accompanies a life with dogs! Has well I know my two pugs need to go out again soon? Tried to upload a photo of my two but not able to send it not sure why? K
I couldn't upload photo's directly from my phone or laptop, it said the file was too big. No idea how you get them smaller, but I know facebook makes them smaller. So I downloaded photo's from facebook to my laptop and than uploaded them here, that worked! I even posted a couple of animal photo's on facebook today to shrink them to be able to put them on this forum. Maybe someone will come along to teach us both how to shrink photographs without using facebook :) I'm looking forward to seeing your pugs!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
43df53b9ab1460af09e4ebc03c6b7d4f.jpg

Wonderful when pup has big beautiful playmates and experience snow before 1 year old.

Lovs my Daisy Newfypoo so much...

Reactions: heh and Antje77

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is my retired racing greyhound Woodie
6e52156a783a3aadfb898724ccac5915.jpg

We recently said goodbye to our greyhound. He was fawn in colour and we called him Logan. He had never been a racer but when we had him he was found wandering farmland in an emaciated state.

He gave us nearly 11 years of love but unfortunately old age crept up quite quickly and there was no choice but to euthanise him.

Not sure if we will be having another dog as not too sure at moment if I can go through the same scenario again.

Give Woodie a hug from me

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Woodie has a big virtual hug from me!!

Have a friend with 11 greyhounds all pets... she loves them to bits....

I'm so grateful to have Daisy in my life. Her love and loyalty is truly unbelievable... has been exceptional for me and my healing from 2nd mastectomy has been superb all thanks to her...

Xx

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks traditional. Is that a botter, or some such? (sorry: sailing enthusiast :))
It's a Dutch klipper, it's where I work in summer. It's about 30 meters long, made out of steel and a little over a hundred year old. It has about 1,25m under water, it's flat bottomed and uses lee-boards. It was built as a cargo ship for the rivers and estuaries of the Netherlands, originally without a motor. Nowadays it has cabins with beds and a kitchen, and we sail with school classes, families or other groups of tourists. We often walk around on the bottom of the sea when the tide is low. As you can see in the picture the dogs love it too, exept for when there are seals (or 'sea-dogs', as they're called in Dutch :) ) around, then the 'land-dogs' aren't allowed on the sand banks.
A botter is smaller, I think the biggest are about 17,5m. Almost all of them are made out of wood, and they were fishing ships, mainly on the Zuiderzee (wich is now IJsselmeer) and the Waddenzee, although they did go as far as Denmark.
293679_562170730478893_302191659_n.jpg
249808_4147522930931_880260656_n.jpg

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a Dutch klipper, it's where I work in summer. It's about 30 meters long, made out of steel and a little over a hundred year old. It has about 1,25m under water, it's flat bottomed and uses lee-boards. It was built as a cargo ship for the rivers and estuaries of the Netherlands, originally without a motor. Nowadays it has cabins with beds and a kitchen, and we sail with school classes, families or other groups of tourists. We often walk around on the bottom of the sea when the tide is low. As you can see in the picture the dogs love it too, exept for when there are seals (or 'sea-dogs', as they're called in Dutch :) ) around, then the 'land-dogs' aren't allowed on the sand banks.
A botter is smaller, I think the biggest are about 17,5m. Almost all of them are made out of wood, and they were fishing ships, mainly on the Zuiderzee (wich is now IJsselmeer) and the Waddenzee, although they did go as far as Denmark.
View attachment 24717 View attachment 24718
Thanks; interesting stuff. They're very similar to Thames Barges in the UK which are of a similar size and draft, and also use lee boards to get into the creeks and estuaries of the English East Coast. In the old days, they were also sail powered and the rig was designed so that they could be operated by a crew of two (often the skipper and a teenaged "lad"), though I'm not quite sure how :). A number of them have been restored and they race them nowadays, which is quite a sight.

320px-Thames_Barges-Canthusus.jpg

(Apologies for thread drift, everyone).

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dog part last night and Daisy won 1st prize for best cross breed!! 3rd prize for the 6 best legs a d 3rd for musical sits!!

Not bad out of 40+ puppies and dogs.

Proud of her...

150b6521882de207f8fb9e04668ad492.jpg

Roxanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We recently said goodbye to our greyhound. He was fawn in colour and we called him Logan. He had never been a racer but when we had him he was found wandering farmland in an emaciated state.

He gave us nearly 11 years of love but unfortunately old age crept up quite quickly and there was no choice but to euthanise him.

Not sure if we will be having another dog as not too sure at moment if I can go through the same scenario again.

Give Woodie a hug from me
So sorry for your loss, if only they could be with us longer

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
This is my dog. Her name is Rudy and I can't imagine my life without her.

Absolutely stunning!!

My wall of rosettes for our Daisy dog now!!

4550a6a71611c95d23315f84b28ca839.jpg

She came 1st for best crossbreed again and 3rd for best sausage catcher and 3rd in musical sits!! (Owner let her down-not willing to run to fight off two other owners!)...

Proud every day!!