Chicken stock low carb suggestions

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the title is it really. I have lovely chicken stock historically it would have gone into beans/lentils. Looking for low carb uses.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Soup. My regular soups include spinach, mushroom, tomato and red pepper, cabbage and broccoli. I don't use recipes, but the general method is
Fry half an onion in butter or olive oil in my big soup pan.
Add stock.
Add vegetables (pre-washed spinach comes straight out of the bag, tomatoes and peppers are usually pre-roasted, cabbage and broccoli maybe fried, mushrooms are fried and/or soaked dried ones).
Chunks of cooked celeriac or the addition of cheese (brie, goats cheese) or cream add to the thickness. Meats, eg a bit of cooked chicken, add to interest.
Add herbs, spices, lemon juice, seasoning to taste.
Blitz using a hand blender.
A good stock is where it all starts.
Generally serves six.
Sally

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Make a Thai curry by adding a tin of coconut milk and some Thai curry paist, use your choose of fish or meat along with some green veg.

Many soaps use checken stock maybe with a little cream.

Add to your slow cooker with some cheap meat.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Soup. My regular soups include spinach, mushroom, tomato and red pepper, cabbage and broccoli. I don't use recipes, but the general method is
Fry half an onion in butter or olive oil in my big soup pan.
Add stock.
Add vegetables (pre-washed spinach comes straight out of the bag, tomatoes and peppers are usually pre-roasted, cabbage and broccoli maybe fried, mushrooms are fried and/or soaked dried ones).
Chunks of cooked celeriac or the addition of cheese (brie, goats cheese) or cream add to the thickness. Meats, eg a bit of cooked chicken, add to interest.
Add herbs, spices, lemon juice, seasoning to taste.
Blitz using a hand blender.
A good stock is where it all starts.
Generally serves six.
Sally
You beat me to it. The soups I tend to make with chicken stock are mushroom, fennel, cauliflower, celery, chicken and veg.