1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Chicken stock low carb suggestions

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by copilost, Sep 23, 2020.

1. copilost

copilost Type 2 · Well-Known Member

the title is it really. I have lovely chicken stock historically it would have gone into beans/lentils. Looking for low carb uses.

2. sally and james

sally and james Family member · Well-Known Member

Soup. My regular soups include spinach, mushroom, tomato and red pepper, cabbage and broccoli. I don't use recipes, but the general method is
    Fry half an onion in butter or olive oil in my big soup pan.
    Add stock.
    Add vegetables (pre-washed spinach comes straight out of the bag, tomatoes and peppers are usually pre-roasted, cabbage and broccoli maybe fried, mushrooms are fried and/or soaked dried ones).
    Chunks of cooked celeriac or the addition of cheese (brie, goats cheese) or cream add to the thickness. Meats, eg a bit of cooked chicken, add to interest.
    Add herbs, spices, lemon juice, seasoning to taste.
    Blitz using a hand blender.
    A good stock is where it all starts.
    Generally serves six.
    Sally

3. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Make a Thai curry by adding a tin of coconut milk and some Thai curry paist, use your choose of fish or meat along with some green veg.

Many soaps use checken stock maybe with a little cream.

Add to your slow cooker with some cheap meat.

4. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. The soups I tend to make with chicken stock are mushroom, fennel, cauliflower, celery, chicken and veg.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook