2020/21 Football Season.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hopeful for the 0-1 win lol. Going to my son's house to watch it.

Team no 2 ...Arsenal won 3-0 at Fulham :D

I don't know if I will ever go to a match again having caught covid19 at Portsmouth v Arsenal and also suffering a broken sternum and 2 broken ribs 7 years ago at Dortmund. Maybe I am just too old to keep putting myself at risk.:(

Oh my goodness you have had a bad run Zand :( You are never too old.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Drew 0-0!
Typically we went for a point and rode our luck and just about survived and came away with a point! I thought that a point would be a good result beforehand and having seen the game, I thought that the negative approach was unnecessarily conservative. One shot on target and very limited possession.
It could have been worse had our keeper not saved (a worldie) in the last seconds.

I do think that we will struggle.

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Maybe not too old, maybe too scared. I don't get over the knocks so quickly now....

Aren't you missing live footie?
I know I loathe not being there, it's not the same!
No atmosphere, no banter, no comics, no back seat critics that don't know anything about footie, no idiots, no half time bovril, no one going the toilet every five minutes, no kids asking their dad for chips, no referees or liners to scream at, no singing, no cold wind or frozen stands especially in huddersfield, Oldham or in the middle of nowhere, no pathetic stewards, and of course spending an absolute fortune watching your team get battered every game! Your cold and wet on the drive home and your motorway is closed, then spend the next couple of hours traversing the country following the diversion!
Well worth it!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aren't you missing live footie?
I know I loathe not being there, it's not the same!
No atmosphere, no banter, no comics, no back seat critics that don't know anything about footie, no idiots, no half time bovril, no one going the toilet every five minutes, no kids asking their dad for chips, no referees or liners to scream at, no singing, no cold wind or frozen stands especially in huddersfield, Oldham or in the middle of nowhere, no pathetic stewards, and of course spending an absolute fortune watching your team get battered every game! Your cold and wet on the drive home and your motorway is closed, then spend the next couple of hours traversing the country following the diversion!
Well worth it!
Yes I do miss it. I don't like watching it on TV, you can only see what they decide to show you. I like seeing it all.
You sum the rest up beautifully!
4-3 disappointed now. Silly penalty to give away at the end.
At least it's not a long journey home tonight.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes I do miss it. I don't like watching it on TV, you can only see what they decide to show you. I like seeing it all.
You sum the rest up beautifully!
4-3 disappointed now. Silly penalty to give away at the end.
At least it's not a long journey home tonight.

That was always the best part for me, especially if we won, the discussion about the game, the great feeling that you could talk about, relaxing after a great experience, away supporters can be more into the club and is knowledgeable about what is happening, the rapport, the singing and of course a couple of drinks (diet coke for me!)
I still get the hairs on the back of my neck when I remember or watch reruns of our trips to Wembley. (Even the first one against FGR) Those memories are something that is never get taken away from me!
Being involved in the background was unbelievable. And now I'm retired, I still want to go and watch my team.
Hopefully this period of no supporters is over soon.

Stay safe, true fans are the heart and soul of your club. Chairmen, managers, players come and go, but supporters are there for life!

Cheltenham town up next.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew! 3 points. Exciting for the neutrals, but I'm not sure I can watch many more of these. Or maybe I will just ask for more BP tablets...
Leeds 4 Fulham 3
And FGR rescued a point in the 96th minute against Bradford City 2-2.
Now just Arsenal to go.

Reactions: Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear we got Hammered 3-0 :( 2 losses now. Home to Notts Florist on Friday night.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew! 3 points. Exciting for the neutrals, but I'm not sure I can watch many more of these. Or maybe I will just ask for more BP tablets...
Leeds 4 Fulham 3
And FGR rescued a point in the 96th minute against Bradford City 2-2.
Now just Arsenal to go.

Nice going :)

Reactions: Lamont D and zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone, have been watching the goal fest happening in the premiership on television all day and trying to watch my lot get smashed 3-0 v Cheltenham.
An absolutely horrible performance. Only one shot on target! Played a defensive line up again, so as not to lose, but obviously plan A went awry just like the points.
It is looking ominous already, one goal in four games. No wins!
And this is despite two forwards signing in mid week.
First league game at home I've missed since 2007, and that is because I was in Greece!

Not looking good!

Keep safe

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So Arsenal managed to get 3 points in the end. Not a great performance but it's the points that count. Not as entertaining as the 2 Leeds games I have watched this season.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just realised, we are away to Cambridge next week. They have played two, won two, scored eight goals and have kept two clean sheets.
Typically, we will win!
Can only hope, wishes can come true!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to Notts forest tonight. I'm working so I'll be keeping an eye on the score on my phone unless I forget lol. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and that all our teams win :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Home to Notts forest tonight. I'm working so I'll be keeping an eye on the score on my phone unless I forget lol. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and that all our teams win :)

And you're on sky as well!

Best wishes to all our teams!

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We won we actually won a game. I'd thought Florist would batter us. We have a trip down the M1 next week to Rotherham. Yorkshire derby bring it on.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
0-0 half time, we are playing quite well but a goal eludes us! Will we ever?

We won we actually won a game. I'd thought Florist would batter us. We have a trip down the M1 next week to Rotherham. Yorkshire derby bring it on.
Good win for you mate!