2020/21 Football Season.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Got beat 0-3 by non league Warrington town.
Plenty of chances, no natural goal scorer, but defence rather poor!

Where have I heard this before?

Reactions: Johnboy412

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Better result yesterday as we drew 1-1 v Preston, equalised in last minute, but we were not that much better because Preston couldn't score, which they deserved to win. Still worried about makeup of squad and fitness levels, still too many thirty plus players. Tactically, we played a defensive shape 4-5-1 to fill midfield and deny them space in midfield but even when we went behind, we didn't change tactics, our striker was isolated and frustrated, our passing was poor and spent most of the game defending our area. Other than one effort early on, and a missed one on one which the keeper did well. It was a poor back pass that led to our goal. That was our attacking intent. But, it was pre season and another ninety minutes towards the start of the season.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We beat our neighbours Bradford 2-1. Good result for Carlos's first game in charge. Next up is Man Utd under 23's on Saturday. Then comes the cup match at Rochdale next Saturday(5th).

Reactions: porl69 and Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Better result yesterday as we drew 1-1 v Preston, equalised in last minute, but we were not that much better because Preston couldn't score, which they deserved to win. Still worried about makeup of squad and fitness levels, still too many thirty plus players. Tactically, we played a defensive shape 4-5-1 to fill midfield and deny them space in midfield but even when we went behind, we didn't change tactics, our striker was isolated and frustrated, our passing was poor and spent most of the game defending our area. Other than one effort early on, and a missed one on one which the keeper did well. It was a poor back pass that led to our goal. That was our attacking intent. But, it was pre season and another ninety minutes towards the start of the season.

Good result then mate. Lets hope you have a great season.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think it's Burnley next for us.
Then carabo cup v Harrogate.

Buzzer81

Struggling to see how leagues one and two can complete a season without testing? It appears they are not testing players due to the financial implications but as soon as a player is found to have tested positive for coronavirus they will
Undoubtedly have to isolate the whole squad leading to postponements..... with the aim of fulfilling the season in less time, it seems impossible. Should have cancelled the football league trophy and maybe even the carabao cup as well. We shall see. I hope it’ll work out!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Struggling to see how leagues one and two can complete a season without testing? It appears they are not testing players due to the financial implications but as soon as a player is found to have tested positive for coronavirus they will
Undoubtedly have to isolate the whole squad leading to postponements..... with the aim of fulfilling the season in less time, it seems impossible. Should have cancelled the football league trophy and maybe even the carabao cup as well. We shall see. I hope it’ll work out!

Don't know where you have got that information from, because as far as I know they're being tested twice a week.
I do agree about the cups, it is too much.

On your lot, you have just signed shamael George from liverpoo.
He was at Rovers as a kid and on loan two seasons ago. Did nothing!
Can't believe that there isn't a better keeper out there for you. I can see him warming the bench quite a lot!

John Mcgreal nearly our manager, but couldn't afford him!
Shows you how bad things are at Rovers!

Reactions: Buzzer81

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And our youngsters (U23's) walk away an impressive 3-3 draw against Man Utd U23's. Good result for the young ones and hopefully they have impressed Carlos enough for him to include some of them in the squad for the new season.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Got smashed away at Burnley 3-0.

Don't think that this is the right way to go about pre season. I'd of thought a couple of league one, national league games before our opener v harrogate .next Saturday.

Two weeks till league starts!

Buzzer81

Don't know where you have got that information from, because as far as I know they're being tested twice a week.
I do agree about the cups, it is too much.

On your lot, you have just signed shamael George from liverpoo.
He was at Rovers as a kid and on loan two seasons ago. Did nothing!
Can't believe that there isn't a better keeper out there for you. I can see him warming the bench quite a lot!

John Mcgreal nearly our manager, but couldn't afford him!
Shows you how bad things are at Rovers!

Surprised you couldn’t afford McGreal..... we sacked him the week after he was linked to your boys.

On Shamal George...... not many players leave Liverpool and sign for Col U to he must be rubbish!!! He’ll be a backup to our solid number one so will not play much except for maybe the EFL trophy games (autowindscreens shield to me!)

I may be wrong about testing? I hope they are testing twice a week as you say. Looking forward to season starting now, hope that excitement continues after the first few games!!!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Arsenal won the FA Community shield. 5-4 on penalties. That must have been some game.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Arsenal won the FA Community shield. 5-4 on penalties. That must have been some game.

Only the penalty shoot out was worth watching, other than the gunners goal.
It might be just me, but without the fans, it is quite flat and the excitement and atmosphere has been taken away.

It is just not the same no more!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fleetwood Mac beat us easily 3-1 at BP
We’re used to empty stands lol

Hope all you footy fans are ok

Good to see mate. Hope you are keeping safe out there. Sorry that Carlisle lost. Its only a tin pot cup though. League is more important or at least it is to us. We play Rochdale on Saturday in the cup.

Reactions: Cumberland