Anyone done Thriva

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone on here done a thriva blood test and has the result been fair or is it even worth it?

I planning on getting my Liver profile done since its failed 3 times when my gp has requested it.

If anyone has can you let me know how accurate the results were thank you.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya yep I’ve done Thriva several times and found it close to NHS results. Biggest issue people report is collecting blood but personally I find it easy as I bleed copiously- managed the two small test tubes with one lancet but I do drink lots of water and follow their instructions which are clear and helpful. I’ve done insulin test, cholesterol (lots of times including once a week before an nhs test which was identical - I have high cholesterol so was monitoring it), hbac1,and liver function. Hope this helps

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya yep I’ve done Thriva several times and found it close to NHS results. Biggest issue people report is collecting blood but personally I find it easy as I bleed copiously- managed the two small test tubes with one lancet but I do drink lots of water and follow their instructions which are clear and helpful. I’ve done insulin test, cholesterol (lots of times including once a week before an nhs test which was identical - I have high cholesterol so was monitoring it), hbac1,and liver function. Hope this helps

Thank you, I am waiting for it to come, does my gp get it send to her too? I think I wrote down my surgery down on the profile?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No it’s just sent to you not your GP.

Thank you :)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @shelley262 so roughly how many drops of bloods do you need to get in the test tube? I may do one for my cholestoral

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @shelley262 so roughly how many drops of bloods do you need to get in the test tube? I may do one for my cholestoral

Ahem - That depends how big your drops are? It is also noteworthy that some tests need more than others. The collection tubes are marked accordingly.

I've not done Thriva, or lipids actually, but have used MonitorMyHealth and Medichecks for various tests - venous and finger prick bloods.

The blood draw process for these tests is a little different to blood glucose monitoring, in that more is required, but the lancents provided are a but more aggressive, so it's vary achievable.

My last was my best, fasted harvesting, but it's easy enough.

I do understand if a person has a failed collection, they will send a new collection kit.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
its a fairly small amount well marked level in small test tube - but as @DCUKMod says its more than the normal bg stuff. For me when I use the lancet provided it pours out! They provide 3 lancets and advise you to re stab if needed. I find I don't produce as much blood with my normal bg stabber sometimes have to reprick - so this lancet is much more efficient!! Ive never had to restab yet on this test but drink loads of water, move my arm and warm my fingers as advised - they also suggest stroking your palm and up towards the finger youve stabbed but I didnt need to do this! they provide a helpful video to go through the process.

Reactions: Mrs T 123