Omni pod help

Dana_Heath

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. I recently got a omnipotent experience kit and it’s the first pump I’ve not had a panic attack over the thought of (needle phobia ftw).

I was wondering if these can be prescribed or if it’s something you have to pay for etc?

I used to pay for Libre sensors and acted as one of their Guineapigs and am now lucky enough to get them for free, is there a thing similar available like this for these omnipods

Thanks!

IMG_0628.jpg

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was wondering if these can be prescribed or if it’s something you have to pay for etc?
In the UK It depends whether your hospital/CCG will fund them for you, I know my hospital will not fund the Omnipod as a pump - admittedly my hospital doesn't give a choice, if they'll fund a pump for you its a set specific pump, no choice.

Has your hospital agreed to fund you for a pump before, if so, ask if they'll allow you to get the Omnipod instead of what you were trying, if they haven't you'd have to see if they'd fund you for a pump first - noting that funding can depend very much on both the hospital and the consultant you see - you may have to move hospital to actually get an omnipod.

Reactions: Dana_Heath

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
depending on where you live can be a factor too ......if you live in a larger city that is served by more than one hospital it is possible that another hospital may offer Omnipod even if yours does not

Reactions: Dana_Heath