Libre iPhone App & carb counting

SimonHbA1c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I have started using the Freestyle libre sensor musing my iPhone to read it - I have a Accu-check Aviva Expert to calculate my carbs and insulin amounts before meals. Is there a way of doing this on the iPhone Libre App or do I need to get the Libre Reader ? Interested to read what other users are doing thank you

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Libre with my iPhone rather than the reader too but I can’t see there’s a way to actually calculate carbs and insulin on the app - there are fields to record them but not calculate. (I’m not on insulin so haven’t looked into it deeply and I may be wrong about this.)

Reactions: SimonHbA1c

xjessica.rose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had the same issue when I started using the FreeStyle Libre app on my phone. There's a system on the reader that works the same as the Aviva Expert reader but it needs to be unlocked by your DSN and can only be used via test strip (not by scanning). This is apparently due to the sensor not being accurate enough to be able to make insulin decisions from.

I just use my sensor throughout the day and use the Aviva Expert test strips when I have a meal, so rather than constant pricking, it's only around 3-4 times a day now Hope that helps!

SimonHbA1c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi John thank you for the link, I think the option of entering has disappeared since this was written. I cant find where you enter it on the Iphone

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The code is entered into the reader not the phone it is an option under settings.

I'm sorry I misread your post and thought you had a reader.

Last edited: