kidney Pain

Weehotty

So peeps ... do u ever get pains in the kidneys when ur blood sugars are high.

im at the hospital .
I had 4 ++++ of both blood and sugar in my urine but no infection ... and my ct shows no stones ... i swear on everything holy that my kidney was cramping really badly ...
Sugars currently at 16 .. wondering if its related and if my kidneys are struggling to boot out the sugar

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What type of diabetes do you have and what diabetes meds are you on, if any?

It really helps us to answer questions if your profile and information pages are filled in.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So peeps ... do u ever get pains in the kidneys when ur blood sugars are high.

im at the hospital .
I had 4 ++++ of both blood and sugar in my urine but no infection ... and my ct shows no stones ... i swear on everything holy that my kidney was cramping really badly ...
Sugars currently at 16 .. wondering if its related and if my kidneys are struggling to boot out the sugar

Looking back at your posting history, it seems you take Jardiance? If so, sugar in your urine is not unusual; indeed, it's how that medication works. You wee out some of your blood sugar.

If your blood sugars are high, that may need some additional attention, and maybe even an additional, or different medication.

Were you checked for ketones, with those high blood sugars?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wasnt checked for ketones x

Weehotty, if I was taking Jadiance, or any of the other drugs in that class, I'd want to have a means of testing ketones. By far, the best option is blood testing for ketones, but a urine test stick is much pocket friendly.

Weehotty

I dont know my fasti sugars this morning were 12.9 but the docs dont listen .. so ive giving up ... whats the point ! If they dont care it sends a ****** signal to me saying I shouldnt ... sorry for the downer post ... had enough of it all