Treats and oh [emoji4]

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Just wondered what’s the one thing you tried that is classed as a treat as sorts that shocked you and does not raise your blood sugar.
For me it was Cadbury’s highlights hot chocolate, I have it with almond milk and my sugars never move.
Anyone else tried something that they thought would raise their sugar but doesn’t?

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ate about 20 celebrations the other night, just gorged.
Needle never moved but I was drinking red wine as well.

Sugarlisa

Just wondered what’s the one thing you tried that is classed as a treat as sorts that shocked you and does not raise your blood sugar.
For me it was Cadbury’s highlights hot chocolate, I have it with almond milk and my sugars never move.
Anyone else tried something that they thought would raise their sugar but doesn’t?

What are treats haven’t had any since been diagnosed 2 weeks ago and haven’t a clue what treats you can have has a type 2

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
I mean when you are testing to see what foods don’t spike your blood sugars, which have surprised you that didn’t raise it.
Do you have a testing meter sugarlisa?

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Ate about 20 celebrations the other night, just gorged.
Needle never moved but I was drinking red wine as well.

Wow!! I don’t think I could even have 2, although I have never tried and don’t think I will I stick to dark 85% chocolate

Reactions: Tophat1900

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be ok on very dark chocolate and wine, thank goodness

Reactions: Dudette1

Sugarlisa

I mean when you are testing to see what foods don’t spike your blood sugars, which have surprised you that didn’t raise it.
Do you have a testing meter sugarlisa?

Don’t test blood sugar just got take 2 tablets a day that’s it waiting for my phone call from my practice nurse regarding my diabetes type 2 and I brought a home a testing meter when I got out of hospital after Covid pneumonia and Covid diabetes and given the news I’m type 2

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lisa,

Given you have a meter is there any reason you don't test your blood sugar levels- I still test regularly after more than a year in the 'normal' range. For me it keeps me honest and lets me see where I am- I don't see me stopping testing ever.

Sugarlisa

Hi Lisa,

Given you have a meter is there any reason you don't test your blood sugar levels- I still test regularly after more than a year in the 'normal' range. For me it keeps me honest and lets me see where I am- I don't see me stopping testing ever.

I was told when I left hospital after Covid pneumonia and Covid diabetes and diagnose with type 2 I want need to test my blood by a sister but I was given a meter to bring home too

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told when I left hospital after Covid pneumonia and Covid diabetes and diagnose with type 2 I want need to test my blood by a sister but I was given a meter to bring home too

Hi there, I think you are saying you were told not to test but given a meter anyway? You have a meter so yes, TEST. Otherwise you are driving blind, you will get loads of immediate information about what foods affect you. x

Reactions: Dudette1

Sugarlisa

Hi there, I think you are saying you were told not to test but given a meter anyway? You have a meter so yes, TEST. Otherwise you are driving blind, you will get loads of immediate information about what foods affect you. x

Yes x