Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
Hi all,
ive had a bit of a problem today re newed my libre sensor and i seem to have bled through it quite a bit,never had this before but its only the 4th one ive done,has anyone ever had similar problems with it?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
ive had a bit of a problem today re newed my libre sensor and i seem to have bled through it quite a bit,never had this before but its only the 4th one ive done,has anyone ever had similar problems with it?
Usually they work just fine when you've had a bit of beeding :)

Reactions: Carptastic

Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
im just unlucky i think it bled quite a bit rang them in the end advised me to take it off and return it there sending me a fresh one out,i tried scanning after the hour but it seemed to lag quite bad i tried my old finger pricker test and there was nearly 5.0 difference so im on the finger pricker for the next few days!
Thanks for the replies :)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know I've only had a couple bleed, probably about 3 over the space of 3/4 years, only one worked fine for me (admittedly one I didn't give the chance it was bleeding everywhere, its a good job I have a laminated floor in here ...)

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, yeah I've had one (luckily only one so far) bleed a reasonable amount, but it worked OK afterwards. Abbott suggested that was because the central part (where the needle goes through to insert the filament) was able to clear and have air to it. They thought sensors which bled so much as to block/clog that wouldn't be as accurate or even stop working completely. I guess it is a bit of a lottery but if it helps I've only had one bleed in 1 1/2 years of libre use.

I would recommend having a spare sensor at home just in case one needs replacing for any reason, so you don't have to wait. I'm currently waiting for my sensor prescription which Pharmacy2U says is 5 days late because they have a supply issue, for example. Luckily 3 weeks ahead with my prescription request vs need of the sensors so should all be ok!

Goma5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
yes - the worst thing was the pain! :) The sensor itself worked alright.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

They can work fine. My 3rd or 4th ever sensor (in 2016) did that.

Usually not severe, but is a pain sometimes. You know what they say though. Bleeders are the best readers