Squatted 315

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Kind of a milestone, squatted 315 for the first time, only 3x8 partial reps, but I’ll work into full reps. Also making progress on the leg press. These exercises pretty much burn off every bit of my glycogen stores and leave me insulin sensitive for hours.

After a workout like this, I can pretty much eat whatever I want, within reason. So far I’ve tested, rice, pasta, mango, chocolate milk .etc and my body soaks it up. I did manage to find my upper limit, 1000 ml of chocolate milk is over the top lol. I also found that this golden window only lasts for about 4 hours. Eating any of the above foods afterwards, puts me in a bad place. So exercise dramatically increases insulin sensitivity, for a while.

eating zero carbs after an exercise like this makes it almost impossible to recover before the next workout. I found the sweet spot is about 50g of carbs post workout.

now my meal plan is 4 meals per day, 3 are carnivore only, 1 is meat and 3/4 cup of white rice.

I’ve installed a new libre, and I have an A1c test scheduled for March 3rd. I’ll find out then if I’m delusional

C53993DC-C46D-4A38-8EA0-5BBCF527D7C9.jpeg 5976A4E3-4E4C-4D6D-B613-FE833BC1D79C.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
excuse my ignorance... is 315 a weight or a number of lifts?

Reactions: LaoDan

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
excuse my ignorance... is 315 a weight or a number of lifts?
315 pounds, or about 140kg. 7 months ago I could just do 40kg lol.

Doc said I should try to increase muscle as much as possible. He’s of the opinion that this is the best way to get control of my morning numbers as well as reducing insulin resistance. I don’t think he meant going to extremes though lol.

I found it really difficult to add muscle on a pure keto diet. Armed with a libre sensor, I’m trying to find the best diet that’s both anabolic to muscle and catabolic to fat.

hopefully I can create a good program that works, and that I can share with others that want to do similar.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
315 pounds, or about 140kg. 7 months ago I could just do 40kg lol.

Doc said I should try to increase muscle as much as possible. He’s of the opinion that this is the best way to get control of my morning numbers as well as reducing insulin resistance. I don’t think he meant going to extremes though lol.

I found it really difficult to add muscle on a pure keto diet. Armed with a libre sensor, I’m trying to find the best diet that’s both anabolic to muscle and catabolic to fat.

hopefully I can create a good program that works, and that I can share with others that want to do similar.

Have you come across Dr Shawn Baker? https://shawn-baker.com/

Reactions: LaoDan