Pulsating foot arches

lechiffre1969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At night, over the last week, I’ve been experiencing strange pulsating sensations in the arches of both feet. To touch, the muscle is spasming. Could this be a result of increasing metformin to 2000mg per day? Is this common with diabetes?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
At night, over the last week, I’ve been experiencing strange pulsating sensations in the arches of both feet. To touch, the muscle is spasming. Could this be a result of increasing metformin to 2000mg per day? Is this common with diabetes?

Not something I've personally heard of, but you should definitely get it checked out. Metformin can cause vitamin B12 deficiency, and your doctor should be able to tell whether your symptoms are a result of metformin or just coincidental , and whether they need treatment.

Good luck.

Reactions: lechiffre1969

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also haven't heard of it so definitely worth getting checked out. It may be worthwhile getting tested for sodium as I've heard some people get leg cramps from not enough sodium. But Definitely worth getting it checked out by a professional- I think it can be easy for ll of us to blame everything on either diabetes or the medication but if it doubt get it checked out.

Reactions: lechiffre1969