woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Afternoon
So I’ve mentioned before that doesn’t matter what I do I can’t lose weight. In fact it’s gradually creeping up and it’s doing my head in.
I’m following keto which makes it even more annoying because, well keto.
Today I’ve been put on the shielding list which has also annoyed me.

now, this is for lockdown, I tend to do more activity because I exercise 3-4 days a week for a min of 30 mins but usually more.

so I was on another site and someone mentioned nutria check so I just did today to see what was happening foodie wise.
(Ignore their carb limit it won’t let me set anything so I can check my number just not set a limit)

so looking at this which is a typical day and what I’ll have planned for today although may not have everything, depends if I want it or not. So what do you guys think?
My calories aren’t overly huge, but the fat and protein is, although to be fair I don’t actually know what those numbers should be when doing keto etc.
But I really do want to lose weight to feel better and to help with the DIabetes.
I suppose I’d be a happy at losing 3 stones but I’d be incredibly happy with 4 but I’ll take wha ti can get,
So with these numbers what do you think?
What d I need to change to lose weight?
I should also mention I’m 48 and female so that might very well be a factor but I still want to lose weight and it’s still annoying me. I mean every time I read keto I hear that people lose loads of weight. So that’s why it’s annoying me.

Attachments

• D6EC3C74-D5AC-427E-8069-39131E7F8C72.png
    D6EC3C74-D5AC-427E-8069-39131E7F8C72.png
    943 KB · Views: 74
  • 18C43AC8-E384-43DC-B69C-8EC3462E4A13.png
    18C43AC8-E384-43DC-B69C-8EC3462E4A13.png
    846.4 KB · Views: 80
  • EB532E7B-6A93-4561-AFA8-63481AF258F8.png
    EB532E7B-6A93-4561-AFA8-63481AF258F8.png
    770.9 KB · Views: 75

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some random initial thoughts from me - the low carb breads and sweet things are an issue for some. Wheat intolerance? And you could switch out the peas / green beans (both spike me) for broccoli or other lower carb options.

Have you had other factors like your thyroid checked out?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Some random initial thoughts from me - the low carb breads and sweet things are an issue for some. Wheat intolerance? And you could switch out the peas / green beans (both spike me) for broccoli or other lower carb options.

Yea the low carb tortilla is the first I’ve had in lockdown but I wanted soldiers with my eggs lol.
If I’m within the carb limit does it matter what veg I’m having? I’m not particularly a veg person unless I’m a meal like casserole. Although I could make a cauliflower/broccoli cheese which would work.
Why the fudges? I only started those couple weeks ago as I am being really strict. Can get rid. They are only a luxury.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes

The peas and beans don’t do anything. Nothing on today’s list does.
Not sure in the thyroid. I think last year she did because I mentioned I couldn’t lose but think it was normal. Well if I had it it was normal.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Some people find things with sweeteners stall weight loss, so it was just a thought. There’s nothing obvious to me. They were fairly random thoughts based on what I’ve read.

This might help: https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight-on-the-keto-diet

and this: https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight-on-keto

and this: https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight/break-a-stall
No sweeteners. The only thing is flavouring extracts. Otherwise just butter and cream

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Whats your current weight? Not an expert by far, but ive lost 4stone over 3.5yrs & I now have a lot to do with a gym and work alongside a PT who does all my diets etc so I have a good idea on things so may be able to help.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Whats your current weight? Not an expert by far, but ive lost 4stone over 3.5yrs & I now have a lot to do with a gym and work alongside a PT who does all my diets etc so I have a good idea on things so may be able to help.
14st 4. It’s been creeping up again for the last year really. I had got down to 13 1/2 within a few weeks of being diagnosed type 2

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
14st 4. It’s been creeping up again for the last year really. I had got down to 13 1/2 within a few weeks of being diagnosed type 2

@woollygal, didn’t realise you where type 2 so my diet plans won’t help at all because I still eat carbs. Only advice I can give is that my girlfriend also trains with the same PT as me & he doesn’t want her to be eating anymore than around 1200-1350 calories a day and she weighs 11st. She was 13.3 when she first started with him & her diet plans have always been around the 1200 calorie mark.

I’m 13.7st & I only eat 1700 calories a day & I train twice a day. One session weights one session cardio.

Its horrible when your not seeing the numbers drop on the scales, I really hope you get sorted!

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
@woollygal, didn’t realise you where type 2 so my diet plans won’t help at all because I still eat carbs. Only advice I can give is that my girlfriend also trains with the same PT as me & he doesn’t want her to be eating anymore than around 1200-1350 calories a day and she weighs 11st. She was 13.3 when she first started with him & her diet plans have always been around the 1200 calorie mark.

I’m 13.7st & I only eat 1700 calories a day & I train twice a day. One session weights one session cardio.

Its horrible when your not seeing the numbers drop on the scales, I really hope you get sorted!
Yea I’m not sure how feasible it is to do keto and follow calories.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Some people find things with sweeteners stall weight loss, so it was just a thought. There’s nothing obvious to me. They were fairly random thoughts based on what I’ve read.

This might help: https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight-on-the-keto-diet

and this: https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight-on-keto

and this: https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight/break-a-stall
I read these articles. Think I basically just need to keep plodding. If I have very bad insulin resistance which I suspect I have, then I’m just going to need time. And brutally honest, I’ve been perfect on this, no cheating for abou 5 weeks. Maybe the body just needs me to keep doing this for longer until it gets the message.

Reactions: Goonergal

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I read these articles. Think I basically just need to keep plodding. If I have very bad insulin resistance which I suspect I have, then I’m just going to need time. And brutally honest, I’ve been perfect on this, no cheating for abou 5 weeks. Maybe the body just needs me to keep doing this for longer until it gets the message.

If your worried about insulin resistance, do very low intensity cardio for 30-45 minutes. I do this 3 times a week. Usually just go for a 5k walk which takes 50 minutes. This is what type 1 diabetic bodybuilders do

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
If your worried about insulin resistance, do very low intensity cardio for 30-45 minutes. I do this 3 times a week. Usually just go for a 5k walk which takes 50 minutes. This is what type 1 diabetic bodybuilders do
I’m probably being stupid but would what come under very low intensity cardio? I do do walks which takes about 53 mins for just about 2.5 miles.
I do cardio boxing and barre etc.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m probably being stupid but would what come under very low intensity cardio? I do do walks which takes about 53 mins for just about 2.5 miles.
I do cardio boxing and barre etc.

cardio boxing is more intense, I’d stick to walking for low intensity if I’m honest. What your doing is pretty much perfect

Reactions: woollygal

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
One question. I’ve just realised pork belly/strips have carbs in them. Incredibly low, 1g per 100g but I was under the impression that plain meat was carb free?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Also, I’ve just entered one day I do have which is a buttered chicken meal. It puts my carbs up to 51g for the day, the meal itself is 34g which has zero effect on my sugars.. Is that too high for keto? I can cut them down a bit by reducing carbs elsewhere but it’s my highest carbs meal of the week.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One question. I’ve just realised pork belly/strips have carbs in them. Incredibly low, 1g per 100g but I was under the impression that plain meat was carb free?

Are you buying them seasoned? That would be the only reason for any carbs. Plain pork belly / strips is zero carb.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Are you buying them seasoned? That would be the only reason for any carbs. Plain pork belly / strips is zero carb.
No they are just marks and Spencer’s plain belly strips. But it says it has 1g