It was to good to be true

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah!
So, the last 4 days or so i was seeing numbers i never have seen especially on metformin alone, i was literally in the high 4s and low 5s throughout the day, but as soon as i went of my course on fluconazole.. it went back to 12mmol in the mornings and 8s and 9s throughout the day. I knew it probably was the fluconazole but it didn't mention on the leaflet now I'm back on sitagliptin and the fluconazole didn't make a big difference for the thrush i will probably just get my 8s and 9s to get down to 7s and 6s i did get a 6.3 but that was after 6 hr of fasting. IF is something i do experiment with but it gives me the cravings and i end up eating everything.

Nirac

Ah!
So, the last 4 days or so i was seeing numbers i never have seen especially on metformin alone, i was literally in the high 4s and low 5s throughout the day, but as soon as i went of my course on fluconazole.. it went back to 12mmol in the mornings and 8s and 9s throughout the day. I knew it probably was the fluconazole but it didn't mention on the leaflet now I'm back on sitagliptin and the fluconazole didn't make a big difference for the thrush i will probably just get my 8s and 9s to get down to 7s and 6s i did get a 6.3 but that was after 6 hr of fasting. IF is something i do experiment with but it gives me the cravings and i end up eating everything.

Hi there - I can’t comment on your medication experience but I have been working with IF for a couple of years. I’d say it takes a while to ‘get through’ the cravings but once they are gone (& they do go for most people ) you will feel so much better. Recommend reading & watching Dr Jason Fung - on the low carb program & his own books YouTube etc .
Gods luck

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there - I can’t comment on your medication experience but I have been working with IF for a couple of years. I’d say it takes a while to ‘get through’ the cravings but once they are gone (& they do go for most people ) you will feel so much better. Recommend reading & watching Dr Jason Fung - on the low carb program & his own books YouTube etc .
Gods luck

I do follow low carb and i have Dr Fung book. I know ppl who have mentioned they go as low as 20g carb and some completely. I have still seen high numbers on a lower carb but when IF i can see good results.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah!
Regarding cravings, I find that when I eat LC and reasonably high fat (avocado, salmon, meat/eggs etc) it's much easier to fast - the cravings are non-existent for hours and hours. Not so if I eat something carby and/or low fat, I get ravenous quickly!

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Regarding cravings, I find that when I eat LC and reasonably high fat (avocado, salmon, meat/eggs etc) it's much easier to fast - the cravings are non-existent for hours and hours. Not so if I eat something carby and/or low fat, I get ravenous quickly!

Cravings are the worst, i could go a whole day with good numbers and then the cravings kick in and i just eat everything