1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

It was to good to be true

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by UsmanMo96, Feb 22, 2021.

1. UsmanMo96

UsmanMo96 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ah!
    So, the last 4 days or so i was seeing numbers i never have seen especially on metformin alone, i was literally in the high 4s and low 5s throughout the day, but as soon as i went of my course on fluconazole.. it went back to 12mmol in the mornings and 8s and 9s throughout the day. I knew it probably was the fluconazole but it didn't mention on the leaflet now I'm back on sitagliptin and the fluconazole didn't make a big difference for the thrush i will probably just get my 8s and 9s to get down to 7s and 6s i did get a 6.3 but that was after 6 hr of fasting. IF is something i do experiment with but it gives me the cravings and i end up eating everything.

2. Nirac

Nirac · Member

Hi there - I can’t comment on your medication experience but I have been working with IF for a couple of years. I’d say it takes a while to ‘get through’ the cravings but once they are gone (& they do go for most people ) you will feel so much better. Recommend reading & watching Dr Jason Fung - on the low carb program & his own books YouTube etc .
    Gods luck

3. UsmanMo96

I do follow low carb and i have Dr Fung book. I know ppl who have mentioned they go as low as 20g carb and some completely. I have still seen high numbers on a lower carb but when IF i can see good results.

4. Larissima

Larissima Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Regarding cravings, I find that when I eat LC and reasonably high fat (avocado, salmon, meat/eggs etc) it's much easier to fast - the cravings are non-existent for hours and hours. Not so if I eat something carby and/or low fat, I get ravenous quickly!

5. UsmanMo96

Cravings are the worst, i could go a whole day with good numbers and then the cravings kick in and i just eat everything

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook