Ideas

Help

• Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Heather19

Hi could any one help I have been on 4 metformin 500g a day and now taking 30g dacadis once a day and 1 10g jardiance as well as following the low carbs diet but I am still having high suger of about 14.mmol a day anyone any ideas

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends on how "low carb" your low carb diet is I guess?
What kind of things are you eating.. ?

Reactions: VashtiB

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i am having 2 bits of toast and apple and my normal lunch and dinner thinking i could be on 2 many tablets
Toast, bread anything like that as well as apples are pretty high carb and can lead to the high blood sugar numbers you are showing.
What is your "normal" lunch and dinner?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here’s a website you might find helpful, lots of guidance and recipes for low carb eating, no need to subscribe you can get loads of info for free:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/u1
A note of caution though, if you eat truly low carb on your medication, you may have a tendency to go hypo, so keep a close eye on your blood sugars.

Edit for typo

Reactions: ziggy_w

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

I think that as you are on medication you will need to be careful about reducing your carbs- what you have described though is a lot more carbs in each meal than I would have in an entire day. Maybe a place to start would be tp actually calculate the carbs in each meal together with the readings you get. Then aim to reduce them gradually. But check everything. When I started I was trying for less than 20 grams a day but assuming things like cucumber and tomatoes had zero or very few carbs- so wrong. As I am extremely low carb I don't eat either of those things let alone an apple or a piece of toast.

You will need to work out how many carbs your body can tolerate. Start with what you are currently eating.