Struggling to get libre to stick

Mike0925

Hi i have had a libre for 4/5weeks now I am on my 4th one, it stays okay for a week or so then keeps falling off, it’s so frustrating, any tips

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i have had a libre for 4/5weeks now I am on my 4th one, it stays okay for a week or so then keeps falling off, it’s so frustrating, any tips

Hi Mike, some people seem susceptible to it slipping off! Mine usually stays put but I use tergadem (I think it's called that) or similar which is a transparent VERY sticky film that you pop over the top like a large plaster. You can barely see it, I think they use it following operations when they need to stick a dressing to someone's skin so it's quite hardy. You buy a box which lasts forever too, plenty in there. Others use a specially made thingy like a watch strap that fits on the libre and then fastens around the arm. x

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Search for Cutiderm on eBay, the seller jfamedical and you can get a pack of 20 patches for £6.99, its exactly the same type of thing as Tegaderm but much cheaper, its the 60mm x 70mm ones you are wanting, that's what I've used for over a year xx

Mike0925

Search for Cutiderm on eBay, the seller jfamedical and you can get a pack of 20 patches for £6.99, its exactly the same type of thing as Tegaderm but much cheaper, its the 60mm x 70mm ones you are wanting, that's what I've used for over a year xx
Thanks kaylz! Will give them a try!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

I normally exfoliate the area to be applied when bathing then dry & clean again using the supplied wipe.

What are your activity levels regarding work & upper body excersise?
Are you wearing tight or multilayered sleeved clothing?