1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Struggling to get libre to stick

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Mike0925, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Mike0925

Mike0925 · Member

Hi i have had a libre for 4/5weeks now I am on my 4th one, it stays okay for a week or so then keeps falling off, it’s so frustrating, any tips

2. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, some people seem susceptible to it slipping off! Mine usually stays put but I use tergadem (I think it's called that) or similar which is a transparent VERY sticky film that you pop over the top like a large plaster. You can barely see it, I think they use it following operations when they need to stick a dressing to someone's skin so it's quite hardy. You buy a box which lasts forever too, plenty in there. Others use a specially made thingy like a watch strap that fits on the libre and then fastens around the arm. x

3. Mike0925

Mike0925 · Member

Brilliant I’ll give them a try, thanks a lot

• Like Like x 1
  4. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Search for Cutiderm on eBay, the seller jfamedical and you can get a pack of 20 patches for £6.99, its exactly the same type of thing as Tegaderm but much cheaper, its the 60mm x 70mm ones you are wanting, that's what I've used for over a year xx

5. Mike0925

Mike0925 · Member

Thanks kaylz! Will give them a try!

6. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I normally exfoliate the area to be applied when bathing then dry & clean again using the supplied wipe.

What are your activity levels regarding work & upper body excersise?
    Are you wearing tight or multilayered sleeved clothing?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook