What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Morening overslept and now no time to even suffer from flatulence.

6.7 this morning

Have a great day, be nice to a stranger.

Back tomorrow
Took your advice. I bought a coffee, some snacks and a sandwich for a guy down on his luck. Was concerned about him so I called someone I know who's sent outreach to do what they can. Fingers crossed help is imminent.

lindisfel

Expert
Welcome Saturday. Quite when a 5.2 on Swipey needed divine intervention to rescue the day - weekend? - is unclear but a sad fact of my life for now. So, Pope Francis - good to see he makes it into C of E Lent reflections- my granddaughter "Boo"- Isobelle Alessia is so much nicer - and The Ozark Mountain Daredeveils come to the rescue. God provides in mysterious ways - LC 0 God gazillions - always gonna be 1 sided. Hug for wakefulness @SlimLizzy. Your evening sounds wonderful @Muddy Cyclist. Glad the arm is improving and great art @geefull. Hug for lost keys and cold start @gennepher - art is a gift for you thanks for sharing. @dunelm I sense a gamut of emotions hidden in that post hug for the despair at man's inhumanity to man and every other self definition and thanks for the art. @lindisfel I would imagine your daughter and The Duchess hang their heads in despair at such a "cavalier" approach. @BRSBRI you must be so proud of both daughters.
5.0 @ 10.07 - something is wrong there after tea and minimal stepage.

One of my colleagues in the Beeb described my driving of our Range Rover as "buccaneer style", but not cavalier. :)
One has to keep fighting to the end, it's the only way.
D.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today x
FB_IMG_1614350515097.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Took your advice. I bought a coffee, some snacks and a sandwich for a guy down on his luck. Was concerned about him so I called someone I know who's sent outreach to do what they can. Fingers crossed help is imminent.
That was a lovely thing to do.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A three hour Mountain Bike ride then my plan to sit in the garden scuppered by Mrs MC insisting things need tidying up, so worked In Garden until dusk. Still more points under my belt. :)

Finished the sea painting series thank goodness, I got proper fed up of them...

IMG_4540.JPG

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

A little kindness goes a long way. Sometimes just a smile is enough. I take my hat and hats off to you Sir.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
A three hour Mountain Bike ride then my plan to sit in the garden scuppered by Mrs MC insisting things need tidying up, so worked In Garden until dusk. Still more points under my belt. :)

View attachment 47733
Love it...what a fab painting. We all need mega points...remember and keep a totaliser!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 47733
It will be nice to visit the sand dunes and the sea again @Muddy Cyclist
So, I am not fed up with your sea paintings...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
A little kindness goes a long way. Sometimes just a smile is enough. I take my hat and hats off to you Sir.
Hey Alf - pretty sure any one of us here would've done the same...I'll check tomorrow and see what's happening. It broke my heart...so unfair.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Alf - pretty sure any one of us here would've done the same...I'll check tomorrow and see what's happening. It broke my heart...so unfair.
It's very scary how quickly some people's circumstances can change from a life of success to complete devastation. Volunteering for the Samaritans and Shelter for many years opened my eyes to the unfairness and inadequacy of society and for some life. A good deed from you today meant so much for that poor soul, well done.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thank you @gennepher - it may be, if we are unlucky, that traveling to Scotland may soon be classed as “abroad”.
We might face a similar difficulty in visiting our son in Wales too.:(

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Another beautiful morning. Frosty. Clear blue skies.

The pair of robins have been viewing me and cat through the window. Definitely safe they thought, until the female blackbird who has marked my back garden as HER territory since early January, did a fly past scattering both robins. But as soon as she began digging worms, the robins came back...

Yesterday was small birds of every variety, finches, sparrows, dunnocks, bluetits, greattits, coaltits, and the rest of that family. The magpies watch from the cherry trees, and mither the collared doves perching there. Seagulls are swirling overhead.

We do have sparrow hawks, kestrels, and also buzzards literally floating in the thermals of the steelworks when conditions are right.

That female blackbird is busy, flying from tree to tree - willow, ash, hawthorn, lilac, the buddleia has been cut down, but I left one very tall branch for a bird look out point in the corner of the garden...

Frogspawn is usually on Easter Sunday in my garden, never before that date, and their breeding pond has mountains of the stuff coming up out of the pond quite high. I usually buy oxygenating pondweed and a fresh supply of pond snails around now, but obviously with lockdown that is not possible.

In the meantime here is a grown up frog from my garden...digitally painted in Procreate.

D722A809-0013-40E2-9E91-4492DE3830FC.jpeg

Still cannot find that bunch of car and house keys...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today. My own fault I gave in to a handful of chips with our meal last night, 5 to be precise.

Another frosty start but with a wonderful Dawn Chorus and promise of a fine Spring like day.

No plans for anything other than to drift along and see where time takes me.

Keep safe make Time your friend today.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Another beautiful morning. Frosty. Clear blue skies.

The pair of robins have been viewing me and cat through the window. Definitely safe they thought, until the female blackbird who has marked my back garden as HER territory since early January, did a fly past scattering both robins. But as soon as she began digging worms, the robins came back...

Yesterday was small birds of every variety, finches, sparrows, dunnocks, bluetits, greattits, coaltits, and the rest of that family. The magpies watch from the cherry trees, and mither the collared doves perching there. Seagulls are swirling overhead.

We do have sparrow hawks, kestrels, and also buzzards literally floating in the thermals of the steelworks when conditions are right.

That female blackbird is busy, flying from tree to tree - willow, ash, hawthorn, lilac, the buddleia has been cut down, but I left one very tall branch for a bird look out point in the corner of the garden...

Frogspawn is usually on Easter Sunday in my garden, never before that date, and their breeding pond has mountains of the stuff coming up out of the pond quite high. I usually buy oxygenating pondweed and a fresh supply of pond snails around now, but obviously with lockdown that is not possible.

In the meantime here is a grown up frog from my garden...digitally painted in Procreate.

View attachment 47736

Still cannot find that bunch of car and house keys...
In the style of the Old Masters, I can see this as an Oil on canvas gracing the wall of some city gallery.

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak