What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, yes it's been over 12 months since I last saw the sea.
Our beach, yesterday - I know it’s not the same as being there but I will walk it for you today
upload_2021-2-28_8-8-13.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Another beautiful morning. Frosty. Clear blue skies.

The pair of robins have been viewing me and cat through the window. Definitely safe they thought, until the female blackbird who has marked my back garden as HER territory since early January, did a fly past scattering both robins. But as soon as she began digging worms, the robins came back...

Yesterday was small birds of every variety, finches, sparrows, dunnocks, bluetits, greattits, coaltits, and the rest of that family. The magpies watch from the cherry trees, and mither the collared doves perching there. Seagulls are swirling overhead.

We do have sparrow hawks, kestrels, and also buzzards literally floating in the thermals of the steelworks when conditions are right.

That female blackbird is busy, flying from tree to tree - willow, ash, hawthorn, lilac, the buddleia has been cut down, but I left one very tall branch for a bird look out point in the corner of the garden...

Frogspawn is usually on Easter Sunday in my garden, never before that date, and their breeding pond has mountains of the stuff coming up out of the pond quite high. I usually buy oxygenating pondweed and a fresh supply of pond snails around now, but obviously with lockdown that is not possible.

In the meantime here is a grown up frog from my garden...digitally painted in Procreate.

View attachment 47736

Still cannot find that bunch of car and house keys...
A froggy went a wooing - excellent colours, full of life and energy. Brilliant work. Keys seem to stay hidden until you stop searching for them - and there they are.

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another wonderful beginning to the day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a hot chicken salad came in at 4.6 this am

We had an excellent walk down our beach yesterday - quite early - before there were too many people about. The tide was way out so more of the storm exposed petrified forest, that usually lays under layers of sand, was exposed. Lots of tree stumps, clusters of roots, some quite big. And the remains of a wooden boat.

Nearly at the end of my current book - just the appendices to work through and then choose what to read next. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig (again) [I have a 1980 edition - kindly given to me by a friend. The pages are nicely seasoned and have that wonderful book smell]. Other options are The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama, Heroes by Stephen Fry or Troy by the same author - or something else? I still have my copy of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) kicking about - it’s version III-R - 1987 so not up to date - could consult it and claim some interesting agnosia - that would keep Mrs Miggins off my back but she would probably say that she already knew about it.

Anyhow, a couple rows of rocky tops for today and a bonus photo of a tree stump. Have a wonderful day if you can, as always, koffy calls.

upload_2021-2-28_8-20-2.jpeg

upload_2021-2-28_8-19-18.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A froggy went a wooing - excellent colours, full of life and energy. Brilliant work. Keys seem to stay hidden until you stop searching for them - and there they are.
Thank you for the painting compliments @dunelm
Excellent advice for hunting keys strategy, I think I shall follow that...a pair of ravens are now hopping in my tall cherry trees spreading their huge wings, and a flock of long tailedtits are bobbing their long tails in and out the willow branches. Keys can wait, garden calls...
Have a brilliant day!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7 10am FBG 5.1
This is good had a carb heavy lunch yesterday. Today will be trying to resist the hot cross buns. They smell so good But 41g carbs.
Plan to try and get a short video of Errant today. Will he cooperate?

@gennepher love the frog.
@dunelm :sour: jealous, MrSlim and I attempted a walk yesterday, along with all the rest of Birmingham. We gave up trying to park and abandoned the idea. Will try again on Monday, perhaps will be fewer people out and about then.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another wonderful beginning to the day in the dark and dangerous north

We had an excellent walk down our beach yesterday - quite early - before there were too many people about. The tide was way out so more of the storm exposed petrified forest, that usually lays under layers of sand, was exposed. Lots of tree stumps, clusters of roots, some quite big. And the remains of a wooden boat.

Nearly at the end of my current book - just the appendices to work through and then choose what to read next. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M Pirsig (again) [I have a 1980 edition - kindly given to me by a friend. The pages are nicely seasoned and have that wonderful book smell]. Other options are The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama, Heroes by Stephen Fry or Troy by the same author - or something else? I still have my copy of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) kicking about - it’s version III-R - 1987 so not up to date - could consult it and claim some interesting agnosia - that would keep Mrs Miggins off my back but she would probably say that she already knew about it.

Anyhow, a couple rows of rocky tops for today and a bonus photo of a tree stump. Have a wonderful day if you can, as always, koffy calls.

View attachment 47741

View attachment 47740

Rocky mountains are great, and that green-blue colour which I love...

Your beach is really interesting @dunelm
I would be forever going there...before the crowds...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7 10am FBG 5.1
This is good had a carb heavy lunch yesterday. Today will be trying to resist the hot cross buns. They smell so good But 41g carbs.
Plan to try and get a short video of Errant today. Will he cooperate?

@gennepher love the frog.
@dunelm :sour: jealous, MrSlim and I attempted a walk yesterday, along with all the rest of Birmingham. We gave up trying to park and abandoned the idea. Will try again on Monday, perhaps will be fewer people out and about then.

I love hot cross buns...resisted buying them...so far...one bun is more than double my daily carb allowance...

Thank you for the frog compliment @SlimLizzy
:)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good morning all from Bath. Up with the lark, Arthur in tow.

A clear sunny morn with an FBG of 6.2mmol. Lots of life around already and police gearing up to stop covidiots who were everywhere especially along the way in Bristol where bedlum ensued! There was even a report of folks driving all the way into Cheddar Gorge with a Chinese takeaway Let's not blow this now!

Breakfast is a fritatta and smoked salmon...then gardening in our courtyard before waving goodbye to the old jalopy which needs cleaned and readied for the low loader to take her away before the new guy arrives tomorrow.

Wishing you all on this fine day a splendid one!

4817617907_795faebf1e_b%20(1).jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 47741

View attachment 47740
Ah Mountains and what a great range that is, sadly I'm missing mountains as well as the sea, so nice to see some more from yourself, I like that blue wash in the foreground and fading distant mountains.

On the book smell front I remember seeing an article a few years back of an organisation locking up books for safe keeping as they believe with digital age books would become a thing of the past. Interestingly before they put them into vaults they had a team who recorded how they looked, felt and smelt for future generations to experience what books were like.

We have a unique one off set of leatherbound Lord of The Rings covered for me by a bookbinder friend. Apparently hidden behind the leather covers are marks of his trade and clues to who bound them for future generations to find when they finally fall apart and need renovation. He used Victorian Lettering Tools for the titles and raised the leather so it looks like tree roots run through it, magical, my Grandchildren think they are full of spells and mystical. :)

IMG_4546.JPG

So your ancient root pictures were also very apt today.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
It's very scary how quickly some people's circumstances can change from a life of success to complete devastation. Volunteering for the Samaritans and Shelter for many years opened my eyes to the unfairness and inadequacy of society and for some life. A good deed from you today meant so much for that poor soul, well done.
I once worked beside a lady who was very successful. Many years later, I happened upon her, passing her on the street. She was homeless and in need of immediate help. She burst into tears and I just held her in my arms and the whole story flooded out. Long story short, we got her the help she needed, back on her feet and she's now working with a small advertising agency in the 3rd sector and has a lovely wee flat not so far from us...

So I hear you. And you're so right. It can happen at breakneck speed.

Great work volunteering there. Hats off to you.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@gennepher can you recall what was in your other hand when you came in with the keys? You probably already looked wherever you put that item.... but you never know.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I once worked beside a lady who was very successful. Many years later, I happened upon her, passing her on the street. She was homeless and in need of immediate help. She burst into tears and I just held her in my arms and the whole story flooded out. Long story short, we got her the help she needed, back on her feet and she's now working with a small advertising agency in the 3rd sector and has a lovely wee flat not so far from us...

So I hear you. And you're so right. It can happen at breakneck speed.

Great work volunteering there. Hats off to you.
So many times this happens, it's very sad. Sounds like you are a caring soul with a good heart.