Diagnosed Type 2 at age of 26

Starlight712

Hello, I recently got my blood work done after I noticed by blood pressure was on the higher end. The results came back my fasting was 6.6mmol/L and my HbA1c was 7.2%. There was a period long before this where I began exercising and taking care of my health but with a death of a sibling couple years ago, I fell into a depressed state and began unhealthy habits which led to my diagnosis. I've been feeling fatigued for about two years I always figured I was just overweight or out of shape. But after getting results back it explains alot. There's alot of information on the internet and diet plans its all alot to take in. I've never been one to eat healthy but I'm committed to controlling my Type 2 and hopefully keeping it under control without any medications. I could not find any good glucose meters that can transmit data to your smartphone that are available here in Canada. I don't mind using traditional meters but being able to sync data onto my smartphone would make things easier. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
So you're 55 in our language ..... not too bad

Dunno about interfaces with smartphones but what do you eat is more important at this juncture

Hotpepper20000

Hello, I recently got my blood work done after I noticed by blood pressure was on the higher end. The results came back my fasting was 6.6mmol/L and my HbA1c was 7.2%. There was a period long before this where I began exercising and taking care of my health but with a death of a sibling couple years ago, I fell into a depressed state and began unhealthy habits which led to my diagnosis. I've been feeling fatigued for about two years I always figured I was just overweight or out of shape. But after getting results back it explains alot. There's alot of information on the internet and diet plans its all alot to take in. I've never been one to eat healthy but I'm committed to controlling my Type 2 and hopefully keeping it under control without any medications. I could not find any good glucose meters that can transmit data to your smartphone that are available here in Canada. I don't mind using traditional meters but being able to sync data onto my smartphone would make things easier. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I’m in Canada and the Aviva connect works with Bluetooth to download your numbers to the MySugr App.
You don’t have to pay for the premium Version of App if you use that meter.
Also you don’t have to pay for the meter, if you apply on their website.

https://www.accu-chek.ca/en/meter-systems/aviva-connect
All pharmacies will have the testing strips

Reactions: Starlight712

Starlight712

So you're 55 in our language ..... not too bad

Dunno about interfaces with smartphones but what do you eat is more important at this juncture
I'm sorry not sure what you mean by 55 in our language. But yes! I gave up all sugar drinks, any processed foods and so far I've only been eating quinoa, chicken, salads or fibre bars.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome

Once you have a meter you will be able to look at the effects of different food on your blood sugar levels. I found it is the amount of carbs. The diet you describe would be too high in carbs for me but your meter will be your guide.

My meter (Australia) syncs with my phone and Mysugr app and it is certainly worth it.

Good luck.