Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is only for England,

Edited because I didn't read the link properly o_O

Last edited:

35yearsofType1

I used it yesterday to book mine - it is now open to anyone in the clinically vulnerable category whatever age (I’m 37) I’m booked in for Wednesday.

Diabetes UK are also advertising this

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s interesting, you book both appointments
I’ve only had the first, assume I’ll be contacted near the 3 month but would have preferred to make my 2nd appointment

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve only had the first, assume I’ll be contacted near the 3 month but would have preferred to make my 2nd appointment
Agree. I only had mine 2 days ago and would much prefer to have booked both online. Now I have to wait to be contacted. I wonder if you can book the second only?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree. I only had mine 2 days ago and would much prefer to have booked both online. Now I have to wait to be contacted. I wonder if you can book the second only?
No you can’t, well I couldn’t. It say I wasn’t eligible and will need to contact the doctor
Never mind, my surgery is pretty sorted.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I see no point in booking my second appointment so far ahead.
No one knows whether the stocks will be available in my locality in exactly 12 weeks time.
I would far rather wait until I am called, approximately 10 weeks after my first jab as I was advised.
The logistics of rebooking everyone if the availability is not there would be horrendous.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems to depend on where you have your jab and/or how you are notified - in my area if you receive a letter and book for one of the major hubs you seem to get both appts at the same time but if you have a phone call and go to your surgery you only get an appt for the first with the second to follow.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my first vaccination Thursday at my surgery. They rang me to book. Our second appointment was made when we had the first vaccination. I am in Wales. My husband was vaccinated at the same time. We are both carers in our 50's.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got date for my 2nd appointment about the time the 1st was booked as far as I can remember now but it isn't until near the end of April...

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I see no point in booking my second appointment so far ahead.
No one knows whether the stocks will be available in my locality in exactly 12 weeks time.
I would far rather wait until I am called, approximately 10 weeks after my first jab as I was advised.
The logistics of rebooking everyone if the availability is not there would be horrendous.

My 2nd date of my vaccine jab was given to me on a card, same time ,same place, which fit's in with work, so I hope the 2nd dose won't be too bad, as I will be travelling with the children in a vehicle 2 1/2 hours after and I sit between 2 of them.
DSC_0259.JPG

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first vaccination Thursday at my surgery. They rang me to book. Our second appointment was made when we had the first vaccination. I am in Wales. My husband was vaccinated at the same time. We are both carers in our 50's.

Hooray!!!! About blooming time! xx

Reactions: oldgreymare

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr B and I have managed to get synchronised jabs at one of the big centres.

It was a fun little dance getting the lovely 911 lady to check for appts, then Mr B checked his shift patterns, and by the time he could confirm his availability, the appt had been taken by someone else.
(He tried the website first, but that was simply impossible, with appts disappearing while he calculated his constantly shifting shifts weeks in advance...)
Then the poor 911 lady made matching appts for me, but that went much quicker and easier.
All in all it took over an hour.
We are now booked for both vaccinations each - which is wonderful.
Very glad to have it sorted.

I told the lady to go and have a cup of tea and a lie down after the ordeal. Bless her.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr B and I have managed to get synchronised jabs at one of the big centres.

It was a fun little dance getting the lovely 911 lady to check for appts, then Mr B checked his shift patterns, and by the time he could confirm his availability, the appt had been taken by someone else.
(He tried the website first, but that was simply impossible, with appts disappearing while he calculated his constantly shifting shifts weeks in advance...)
Then the poor 911 lady made matching appts for me, but that went much quicker and easier.
All in all it took over an hour.
We are now booked for both vaccinations each - which is wonderful.
Very glad to have it sorted.

I told the lady to go and have a cup of tea and a lie down after the ordeal. Bless her.
Unless you booked using the US emergency services I think that number should be 119.

Reactions: Brunneria