What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all

Good to see some old and new faces.

@Clivethedrive did they postpone your operation then from end Feb?
@Cumberland lovely to see Wispa

All OK here. Did some Internet shopping, I may have bought yet another handbag :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Well he would leave e home with a card and the internet working.
My yongest girl has found out she is having a boy. Our side of the family happy cus not many boys, other side wanted a girl cus too many boys.
Rest of family OK. Looking forward to some normality soon.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie11969,yes they said I needed another back of eye examination,so had one then another 2 weeks quarantine,hence the delay,but hey-ho op done,lot more blurred and scratchy than 1st one,it’s easing now but still like looking through fog,having said that......the hospital were excellent
We’ll all be internet shopping only soon the rate shops are closing,we lost our Debenhams in Southend,and lots of shops from local high st
Can’t help wondering
what life will be like when babies grow up?
Molly56 has been planting lots of soft fruits and salad stuff ,and when my eye heals,new tool shed and relay plot for vegetables.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@wolfie11969,yes they said I needed another back of eye examination,so had one then another 2 weeks quarantine,hence the delay,but hey-ho op done,lot more blurred and scratchy than 1st one,it’s easing now but still like looking through fog,having said that......the hospital were excellent
We’ll all be internet shopping only soon the rate shops are closing,we lost our Debenhams in Southend,and lots of shops from local high st
Can’t help wondering
what life will be like when babies grow up?
Molly56 has been planting lots of soft fruits and salad stuff ,and when my eye heals,new tool shed and relay plot for vegetables.

Say hello to Molly from me

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon all

Good to see some old and new faces.

@Clivethedrive did they postpone your operation then from end Feb?
@Cumberland lovely to see Wispa

All OK here. Did some Internet shopping, I may have bought yet another handbag :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Well he would leave e home with a card and the internet working.
My yongest girl has found out she is having a boy. Our side of the family happy cus not many boys, other side wanted a girl cus too many boys.
Rest of family OK. Looking forward to some normality soon.

Hi Wolfie good to hear from you

Reactions: wolfie11969

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Say hello to Molly from me
@Cumberland ....thank you and hello to you too...hope all is well with you and loving the pictures of Wispa...all good here..we now have four new eyes between us....am keeping busy around the house and in the garden..lots of seedlings on the go and to be planted at this time of year...also a number of craft projects on the go so plenty to keep me out of mischief ;)...am also lining up a number of jobs for @Clivethedrive once he has had his post op check...don’t tell him, it will be a surprise!

I see you have put your name forward to be a moderator....you will definitely be getting my vote when the voting opens :)

Have got out of the habit of posting on here but do keep up with reading some of the posts....hello too to @wolfie11969 and @Robinredbreast to name just a couple...hope you are all keeping well in these strange times

Time for lunch now and then going to phone to book my COVID jab....

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland ....thank you and hello to you too...hope all is well with you and loving the pictures of Wispa...all good here..we now have four new eyes between us....am keeping busy around the house and in the garden..lots of seedlings on the go and to be planted at this time of year...also a number of craft projects on the go so plenty to keep me out of mischief ;)...am also lining up a number of jobs for @Clivethedrive once he has had his post op check...don’t tell him, it will be a surprise!

I see you have put your name forward to be a moderator....you will definitely be getting my vote when the voting opens :)

Have got out of the habit of posting on here but do keep up with reading some of the posts....hello too to @wolfie11969 and @Robinredbreast to name just a couple...hope you are all keeping well in these strange times

Time for lunch now and then going to phone to book my COVID jab....

Mrs Molly

Somebody nominated me and sent me a message asking if I minded

I decided to accept

Since I retired I have quite a bit of time on my hands so thought I’d have a go - I might not get elected and I don’t mind if I don’t to be honest

I am so pleased for your good self and Mr Clive that the ordeal of cataracts are now in the past, it is a worry as it’s unknown territory for the first operation and it does feel weird during the op but it really does pass by relatively quickly and the new lens is fabulous - isn’t it?

I’m now having to use a walking stick - I have had a fair amount of input from Occy therapy - assessments

It’s down to the neuropathy in my feet I get a sudden pain when walking (the pain is there all the time varying levels) I have fallen umpteen times, sprained both ankles and even broke my big toe when I stumbled into a wall

Gosh it’s horrific and now I’m beginning to feel the same happening in my fingers

Diabetes eh who would want it, but I am still positive that I’m alive with a roof over my head a supportive Mrs Cumbs, a son I’m dead proud of and of course the cutest little Sausage Dog in the whole wide world.

Life has so many ups and downs we just have to work hard the ups sometimes

Take care

Maybe you and Mr Clive would like to nominated for mod??

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sat watching Beauty and Beast, my absolute favourite Disney film and my happy place.

I watched the live action Cinderella on the telly box a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly ok

My favourite Disney cartoon is Little Mermaid, either that or Alice in Wonderland.

Disney Pixar is The Good Dinosaur

I've recently rehomed 150 Disney Dvds as neither of my girls wanted them. British Heart Foundation snatched my hands off in the summer

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs Molly

Somebody nominated me and sent me a message asking if I minded

I decided to accept

Since I retired I have quite a bit of time on my hands so thought I’d have a go - I might not get elected and I don’t mind if I don’t to be honest

I am so pleased for your good self and Mr Clive that the ordeal of cataracts are now in the past, it is a worry as it’s unknown territory for the first operation and it does feel weird during the op but it really does pass by relatively quickly and the new lens is fabulous - isn’t it?

I’m now having to use a walking stick - I have had a fair amount of input from Occy therapy - assessments

It’s down to the neuropathy in my feet I get a sudden pain when walking (the pain is there all the time varying levels) I have fallen umpteen times, sprained both ankles and even broke my big toe when I stumbled into a wall

Gosh it’s horrific and now I’m beginning to feel the same happening in my fingers

Diabetes eh who would want it, but I am still positive that I’m alive with a roof over my head a supportive Mrs Cumbs, a son I’m dead proud of and of course the cutest little Sausage Dog in the whole wide world.

Life has so many ups and downs we just have to work hard the ups sometimes

Take care

Maybe you and Mr Clive would like to nominated for mod??

Hi Cumberland my uncle has neuropathy in his feet, I think he is a good few years older that you. It prevents him from driving too as he cant feel the pedals. Gets him down as he lives in the midle of the countryside down Dorset way and he has always liked to be independent.

Mind how you go as I'm sure the bumps and bruises dont help either.

And yes it's good to count your blessings but remember you're important too

Reactions: Cumberland

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I watched the live action Cinderella on the telly box a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly ok

My favourite Disney cartoon is Little Mermaid, either that or Alice in Wonderland.

Disney Pixar is The Good Dinosaur

I've recently rehomed 150 Disney Dvds as neither of my girls wanted them. British Heart Foundation snatched my hands off in the summer

All very good choices! I absolutely adore Disney, all time favourite is Beauty and the Beast though I didn't enjoy the live action at all. I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan so I watch those often.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Cumberland my uncle has neuropathy in his feet, I think he is a good few years older that you. It prevents him from driving too as he cant feel the pedals. Gets him down as he lives in the midle of the countryside down Dorset way and he has always liked to be independent.

Mind how you go as I'm sure the bumps and bruises dont help either.

And yes it's good to count your blessings but remember you're important too

Hi Wolfie
Yes neuropathy is not pleasant it’s like nettle stings at it’s mildest and then a burning sharp pain

I hope you are keeping well during the lockdown

I’m going bananas lol

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All very good choices! I absolutely adore Disney, all time favourite is Beauty and the Beast though I didn't enjoy the live action at all. I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan so I watch those often.

I've tried HP on many occassions and cant get into it. Hubby, my 2 daughters, my stepson, my 2 granddaughters love it. I guess I must be the odd one then ha ha

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Wolfie
Yes neuropathy is not pleasant it’s like nettle stings at it’s mildest and then a burning sharp pain

I hope you are keeping well during the lockdown

I’m going bananas lol

Yep got cabin fever right about now. I hate shopping but cant wait for the shops to reopen just to have something to do.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yep got cabin fever right about now. I hate shopping but cant wait for the shops to reopen just to have something to do.

Do you drive Wolfie? I can’t wait to go to my local garden centre it’s about 3 miles away
Shielding finishes April 1st and if the weathers nice that’s where I’m planning to go

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Do you drive Wolfie? I can’t wait to go to my local garden centre it’s about 3 miles away
Shielding finishes April 1st and if the weathers nice that’s where I’m planning to go
@Cumberland ....that’s sounds like a plan ....how is your garden looking...any spring bulbs ...I have some miniature daffodils that have appeared somewhere they weren’t before..must have been some bulbs in the soil I moved....am planning to cut the grass over the weekend if weather remains dry....have you swept / hoovered yours lately
Hope you have a good weekend :)....had my first COVID jab today so planning a relaxing couple of days

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Watching( sort of ) Masterchef reruns and checking in on my phone

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland ....that’s sounds like a plan ....how is your garden looking...any spring bulbs ...I have some miniature daffodils that have appeared somewhere they weren’t before..must have been some bulbs in the soil I moved....am planning to cut the grass over the weekend if weather remains dry....have you swept / hoovered yours lately
Hope you have a good weekend :)....had my first COVID jab today so planning a relaxing couple of days

Mrs Molly funny you should ask that

I took a picture today of one of the borders and yes some daffs are in flower

IMG_1616187793.619145.jpg

Do you have any of your patch?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Cumberland no I dont drive, only have a provisional licence.

Yes shielding up for me too on 1st April, I cant wait.

I'll be found wandering the routes of the local nature centre until I can go buy baby items for my daughter

Reactions: Molly56

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Mrs Molly funny you should ask that

I took a picture today of one of the borders and yes some daffs are in flower

View attachment 48212

Do you have any of your patch?
@Cumberland ....your patch looks very colourful...and an interesting torso too :wideyed:..my garden is very much work in progress at the moment as I have been weeding and moving plants around and making space for fruit and vegetables I am planning to grow so not very photogenic at the moment...will take some pictures :snaphappy: and share when more to show...
...hope you are having a good weekend...having a lazy day myself post COVID jab...seems as good an excuse as any :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland ....your patch looks very colourful...and an interesting torso too :wideyed:..my garden is very much work in progress at the moment as I have been weeding and moving plants around and making space for fruit and vegetables I am planning to grow so not very photogenic at the moment...will take some pictures :snaphappy: and share when more to show...
...hope you are having a good weekend...having a lazy day myself post COVID jab...seems as good an excuse as any :)

I am going to chill this weekend

Not cooking today so will have a takeaway delivered for around 4.30

Cloudy but no rain so that’s good

Mrs Molly and Mr Clive have a good weekend

Wolfie you too

And everyone else who pops in to look on here I wish you a good weekend