Freestyle Libre 2

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for reply. I have very large arms. A strap probably won't fit round my arm
There is no strap involved, it’s a self adhesive pad. It comes with very clear instructions. If you have to self fund you could save 20% by declaring a VAT exemption. Best of luck.

Reactions: Luvly

SOTR

Luvly, tell us how you get on.
As I say I ordered some special round plasters from Amazon, which makes me more confident to have a shower.

Luvly

Luvly, tell us how you get on.
As I say I ordered some special round plasters from Amazon, which makes me more confident to have a shower.
Aye, I'll let you know how I get on. I've just got back from the chemist, bought some plasters before put on the sensor

SOTR

I saw somewhere that the sensor has a hole in the middle which should not be blocked.
I guess you should cut a small hole in any plaster. Anyone?

The circular ones I got from Amazon seem to have a breathable area in the middle.

Luvly

I saw somewhere that the sensor has a hole in the middle which should not be blocked.
I guess you should cut a small hole in any plaster. Anyone?

The circular ones I got from Amazon seem to have a breathable area in the middle.
Hi yes I've cut a hole in the centre.
But will buy some pre-cut ones from Amazon Thank you for your advice

Tramk

My wife helps me to place and remove the sensors. We don't have issues at all. She sees that the sensor is well placed and fit. At replacement, the old sensor is hard to peel off. I use it in shower and sauna. No problems. Haven't had any needs for extra plaster to keep it in place.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I started out using Kinesiology tape.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kinesiology-tape/s?k=kinesiology+tape
Gives you some examples.

I didn't cut a hole, but I kept the backing on the bit that went over the sensor so that the tape didn't stick.

I now have enough confidence that I don't bother with tape, as the sensor seems to stick well to my skin.
The hardest part is getting it off!

If you complain about a faulty sensor, they just thank you for your message, and "welcome back" if you need more help.
not 100% true in my case - had free trial - after 8 days I kept getting sensor error - scan sensor - called them and they sent replacement - same happened again and again they sent free replacement - i self fund now but not sure how long I can do that for as it really is way too expensive

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
not 100% true in my case - had free trial - after 8 days I kept getting sensor error - scan sensor - called them and they sent replacement - same happened again and again they sent free replacement - i self fund now but not sure how long I can do that for as it really is way too expensive
Agreed, I've had a 2 sensors fail over the 2 1/2 years I've been using Libre 1 and 2 and both times they've sent me replacements without any issues. I log that it has failed and get an automated email within a few days which asks for details (sensor no, where I got it, software I'm using on the app/reader etc) then they send a replacement. The last one failed after 13 days and I didn't think they'd replace it because it had so little time left, but they did! My advice if you want to use the sensors continuously is to always have one in spare, just in case, because it can take a while for replacements to arrive.