BG readings

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Hi, this morning fasting and before what I would call breakfast my reading was 7.7 I did 35 minutes of exercise bike and weights, had my lunch which consisted of x2 100% beef burgers, Romany lettuce and a very thin slice of tomato. I forgot to take my reading as I was shattered. Forward on to 6pm and have taken my reading and it is now 5.8. drop. It did shock me to be honest as it was not expected, but a nice shock all the same. I wonder if this will be a pattern that will continue, it takes about six months for BG levels to stabilise I have heard. Anyone have any thought's?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I found that an almost zero carb 'breakfast' (even at lunch time, would always halt or reverse my 'Dawn Phenomenon'. Even though my HbA1C is now at normal levels (37) my fasting BG is still only coming down slowly and many might consider it too high.
I don't bother measuring it much these days, but my most recent reading was 6.8 mmol.
So I can confirm what many others have found - the Fasting BG is the last to normalise and may take months or even years to do so.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I found that an almost zero carb 'breakfast' (even at lunch time, would always halt or reverse my 'Dawn Phenomenon'. Even though my HbA1C is now at normal levels (37) my fasting BG is still only coming down slowly and many might consider it too high.
I don't bother measuring it much these days, but my most recent reading was 6.8 mmol.
So I can confirm what many others have found - the Fasting BG is the last to normalise and may take months or even years to do so.
If I get there eventually I guess that's something... I am just glad at the moment that my levels have started to go down from the 12s upward. Onwards and upwards - but not in levels lol

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
Hi,

I have found exercise great at taking down the higher morning glucose.

Fasted Cardio for 30 mins after a cup of coffee helps big time.

I do two days of fasting, where I only black coffee and water.

This help big time when it comes to fasted glucose. As it cause the liver to dump sugar, so I empty the stores a little bit.

I still get raise in the morning but it stays in the normal range now.

I though my fasted where great and dawn Phenomenon was over but now, My glucose go to the lower end of normal. Then comes right to the higher end of normal. I use a freelibre sensor and the only reason I know.

But stick with it your fasted will sort it self out if you keep up the exercise and diet.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, this morning fasting and before what I would call breakfast my reading was 7.7 I did 35 minutes of exercise bike and weights, had my lunch which consisted of x2 100% beef burgers, Romany lettuce and a very thin slice of tomato. I forgot to take my reading as I was shattered. Forward on to 6pm and have taken my reading and it is now 5.8. drop. It did shock me to be honest as it was not expected, but a nice shock all the same. I wonder if this will be a pattern that will continue, it takes about six months for BG levels to stabilise I have heard. Anyone have any thought's?
I find cardio (exercise bike) is fantastic at pulling my carbs down to lower levels
Also sounds like low carb day, so that'll help

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi,

I have found exercise great at taking down the higher morning glucose.

Fasted Cardio for 30 mins after a cup of coffee helps big time.

I do two days of fasting, where I only black coffee and water.

This help big time when it comes to fasted glucose. As it cause the liver to dump sugar, so I empty the stores a little bit.

I still get raise in the morning but it stays in the normal range now.

I though my fasted where great and dawn Phenomenon was over but now, My glucose go to the lower end of normal. Then comes right to the higher end of normal. I use a freelibre sensor and the only reason I know.

But stick with it your fasted will sort it self out if you keep up the exercise and diet.

Im not sure if I could do fasting cardio - before I was diagnosed I could exercise without having anything to eat but now, well I think I would pass out lol. However, when I have eaten something light or had a swig of cream before my workout, after my workout I am not hungry... until an hour or two - my body is weird I think lol. I do think that my lchf and exercise days are paying off though as I am now getting readings in the 6.9s and its not going over 8.5 which is pretty good going for me :)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I find cardio (exercise bike) is fantastic at pulling my carbs down to lower levels
Also sounds like low carb day, so that'll help
I think you could be right there....

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting readings are not much different from my diagnosis 12 months ago, but by hba1c has gone down back to normal levels.
I cant see any rhyme or reason or pattern in anything I do exercise wise. I just stick to what I enjoy, and to low carb

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My fasting readings are not much different from my diagnosis 12 months ago, but by hba1c has gone down back to normal levels.
I cant see any rhyme or reason or pattern in anything I do exercise wise. I just stick to what I enjoy, and to low carb
I have my hba1c blood test next week so I am hopeful that it has gone down from 103. I really hope so.

Reactions: MrsA2