Beginner woes setting up Tee2+

Bigonabianchi

Bit of a technophobe here . just sharing experience in case other First timers are in similar boat or can through some light on anything, problem shared problem halved etc

I’ve been trying to set up the tee2+ ready for my first self test. So far I’ve failed on every level , hoping failing =learning here lol!

Setting Bluetooth to the app took over an hour and now after getting a ‘success’ indicator it still doesn’t link to my iPhone . Status: given up for now in frustration . Yes I am following the manual lol!

I got the first test strip load ok and managed to load the lancet correctly and prime it . I took a deep breath got ready to ‘take the pain’ ( I’m a bloke ;) ) and went for it . No blood . So I tried again , this time it hurt and I got a blood drop which I dipped the strip vertically into . Hurrah !! But nope , error code 4 to thick blood or not enough blood... hmmm.

I’m guessing I’ll get through all ten of these strips in the trial and error process .

In time this all become routine I’m sure but it would be a lot easier with a demonstration .

I’ve seen a you tube video which helped but it doesn’t cover the Bluetooth malarkey or show an actual test in progress just how to prime the applicator gun thing .

I shall persist lol!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prime the lancing device then
Needle the side of the finger not the pad
Have strip out and ready to insert into machine
Squeeze finger to get a nice bead of blood
Insert test strip into machine - wait for beep and flashing blood drop symbol
Slide the strip horizontally into the bead of blood and let it suck the blood up the strip

Edit to add E4 is not enough blood so either your bead wasn't enough or dipping the strip in vertically isn't the way to do it.. I'd hazard a guess at the latter. You need to kind of scoop up the blood on the end of the strip.

Bluetooth sorry no idea.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Although they show the strip going into the drop of blood in a sort of nose dive, that might not work if you press it onto the skin, as that blocks the hole. I do a more 45 degree glide in and can't recall ever getting a failure.
I can't help with the bluetooth as I don't use it with the Tee 2+

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am far from being a technophobe but I never bothered with connecting my TEE2 to my phone. In the early days when I did a lot of testing, I made a simple spreadsheet to record results alongside the food I'd had.
To the advice above I would add, wash your hands in hot water to encourage blood flow and the lancing device has an adjustment for depth. I have mine set on the middle number but set it lower for delicate hands, higher if you are a builder.

Bigonabianchi

Good advice thank you all :) my hands were cold and I hadn’t thought about warming them up to get blood to flow better. I have the needle set on number 3 as that’s where it said to start at in the instructions . I felt it good and proper too lol!
I dipped it vertically but will try the 45degree thing next attempt and scoop it a bit . I did use the finger side this time but I’m going to want to use a different location once I get this sorted out and test regularly as I really don’t like the finger thing as I play guitar a lot ... I tried the fleshy rear of my right hand back of the palm behind little finger near my wrist , I felt less of a prick ( did I just say that) but got almost zero blood there so thinking I should set it at four or five at that location perhaps .

Good to know the Bluetooth thing isn’t really necessary :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had many e4s when first starting. Its just a knack. Don't let the bottom of the strip touch or rest on you. Its like a straw and needs to be able to suck up across a tiny gap, so the point is in blood but not blocked.
You'll soon learn to recognise when there is enough blood or when it seems too thin.
I find some fingers work better than others. I never get enough out of my left middle for example

Bigonabianchi

Just got first successful test ... 11mmol/l came as a shock , I’m pre diabetic I’m told not type 2 . I had a bowl of porridge with a banana and chi seeds about 30 mins before the test , but for two days before that I’d been fasting as I had to go to hospital for a minor op .