Type 1 Libre 2

NatashaGray99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thinking about buying the libre 2 system, but as it is rather expensive, I was wondering if anyone who has used it could let me know their experiences with it?

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thinking about buying the libre 2 system, but as it is rather expensive, I was wondering if anyone who has used it could let me know their experiences with it?

How you managing your diabetes at the moment, you used the libre 1 or you just using finger pricks & your type 1? I’m guessing you have already asked your healthcare team about it?

Reactions: NatashaGray99

Lakeslover

I signed up for their 14 day free trial at the beginning of March. I really like it because it allows me to track the effect of eating different food on my blood sugar...I am type 2 though. I have found the sensors seen to under read by around 0.5 to 1 at lower levels, but I think different people are getting different results.

they are still doing the free trial if you wanted to test it out.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They had a free 2 week trial going, you had to answer a few qs and they sent you one sensor for free. Think it's still going, you can use the free app Libre Link rather than buying the reader too. Loads on here use it, you can use the search function to find loads of threads about people's experiences. Hope that helps!

NatashaGray99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s brilliant, thank you all for letting me know about the free trial - I have just applied!

Reactions: UK T1

NatashaGray99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How you managing your diabetes at the moment, you used the libre 1 or you just using finger pricks & your type 1? I’m guessing you have already asked your healthcare team about it?

I’m using the finger prick testing at the moment, but I just can’t keep up with it, I manage a few days to a week but then just forget? It’s like a rollercoaster! I haven’t talked to me team, I have only had 1 face to face appointment with the adult team as I transferred from the children clinic at 18, and then Covid hit the year later!

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m using the finger prick testing at the moment, but I just can’t keep up with it, I manage a few days to a week but then just forget? It’s like a rollercoaster! I haven’t talked to me team, I have only had 1 face to face appointment with the adult team as I transferred from the children clinic at 18, and then Covid hit the year later!

Hard isn’t it. Take a look at the dexcom metre aswell it’s meant to be more accurate than the libre which is an option if your having to self fund. There’s a topic on the type 1 section of the forum offering a free trail I think!

NatashaGray99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hard isn’t it. Take a look at the dexcom metre aswell it’s meant to be more accurate than the libre which is an option if your having to self fund. There’s a topic on the type 1 section of the forum offering a free trail I think!

It certainly is! I don’t know why I find it so difficult to keep on top of! Thank you! I’ll give that a go too!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It certainly is! I don’t know why I find it so difficult to keep on top of! Thank you! I’ll give that a go too!

Just because it is, its a lot of work, and lets face it stabbing yourself in the finger multiple times is never something you love doing.

When I started with the libre it was a complete game changer, I always hated finger prick testing from when it was first introduced to me and that hatred never left me - admittedly I think the finger prick devices back then were more like torture devices and that probably always affected me (mid 80's ish - I was about 10 I think - might have been a bit earliier, cant remember).

But yeah the libre was a complete game changer, for once I had data that I could use and know exactly what was going on, I was lucky enough to be able to afford them though -but it did fell like a nice pay rise when I started to get them on prescription (was self- funding for 2ish years)

Note, I haven't tried the libre 2 only the l;ibre 1, so this is my views on changing from finger pricking to 24hr monitoring

Last edited: