LIBRE 2 & XDRIP Any Help Please

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll help where I can, I'm now looking forward to not having to use a bridge device.

Let us know how you get on with your Bubble.

I watched a YouTube video yesterday on how the Libre can be reset to give an additional14 days of use using the Bubble !

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks.

& please let us know how you get on.

I'd hate to incur any more any more financial outlay than need be.. :banghead:

Bubble up & running with Watlaa watch reading Libre 2 OK

Needed to download newest version of software 5.5 from Watlaa web site to watch

Watlaa said having trouble updating google site to new version

So to download it straight from them (zip file) ( https://watlaa.com/manual/ )

Needed to get nRF connect app from google to do it. But watch now working ok again (all instructions needed in Watlaa software update manual next to zip file)

It’s probable just me though but Bubble does not seem to have such a strong a signal as Miao Miao 2 had don’t know?

One thing If Watlaa can change to reading Libre 2 from Libre 1 with as little or no fuss as it did I wish xdrip could do the same (sorry really miss not using it )

Reactions: Jaylee

Onabla

This being my 3rd post I should hopefully be able to post any links if anyone wants to explore.

BTW my phone runs Android 10 and I'm holding off installing the 11 update my phone keeps prompting me to install as there seems to be many problems with it on my OnePlus phone. I have this stuff and three banking apps I'm not willing to risk not working.

Please let me know how it goes.

Im changing to Libre2 and i can't get the readings from it with xdrip :(

Stay safe

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bubble up & running with Watlaa watch reading Libre 2 OK

Needed to download newest version of software 5.5 from Watlaa web site to watch

Watlaa said having trouble updating google site to new version

So to download it straight from them (zip file) ( https://watlaa.com/manual/ )

Needed to get nRF connect app from google to do it. But watch now working ok again (all instructions needed in Watlaa software update manual next to zip file)

It’s probable just me though but Bubble does not seem to have such a strong a signal as Miao Miao 2 had don’t know?

One thing If Watlaa can change to reading Libre 2 from Libre 1 with as little or no fuss as it did I wish xdrip could do the same (sorry really miss not using it )
Thanks for the update, Peat.

I still haven't got an L2 to date. But I would agree the MM2 in my experience has a pretty good range.
I've left my phone on charge in the conservatory at the front of the house & heard the alarm kicking off as I awoke in the bedroom at the back with a low.. (I'm hypo aware so have it set a little early to finger test & react accordingly.)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Reactions: Jaylee

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as you're not using a Samsung you can use xdrip and LL2 directly without miaomiao, bubble etc

As far as I have been told

Only if you modify the LibreLink App and use a patched version of it.

Will Libre 2 work with xdrip are you saying Libre 2 (LibreLink not patched) will work with xdrip

If that’s what you’re doing can you let me know what phone you use

The only way I can get my Libre 2 to work as a type of CGM at present is to use it with a Bubble & its App DieBox but there connection (Bluetooth) to my Libre 2 at best is very patchy & not reliable

redditchdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I am using Libre 1 with Miao Miao 2 and the latest version of xdrip and Tic Watch Pro Android watch. I have had a phone call from my Doctor stating that they will be changing my prescription to Libre 2 next month, This has now given me a bit of concern thinking whether the devices that i have will work or not.

Do you know if the Libre 2 will work with Miao Miao 2 and xdrip and Tic Watch Pro I would not use the phone for Librelink as I have ordered the Libre 2 reader.

Many thanks for your help.

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have replied to your PM with my experience so far with the L2 but as the reply contained a couple links the forum filter decided they were inappropriate and wouldn't allow it.

I copied the post to a txt file in the PM so hopefully you can read that.

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I am using Libre 1 with Miao Miao 2 and the latest version of xdrip and Tic Watch Pro Android watch. I have had a phone call from my Doctor stating that they will be changing my prescription to Libre 2 next month, This has now given me a bit of concern thinking whether the devices that i have will work or not.

Do you know if the Libre 2 will work with Miao Miao 2 and xdrip and Tic Watch Pro I would not use the phone for Librelink as I have ordered the Libre 2 reader.

Many thanks for your help.

As the other reply to your post said Miao Miao 1 or 2 will NOT work with Libre 2

at present

You will need a patched version of the Librelink App to use xdrip

& with this you do not need a Miao Miao.

If you do not want to use a patched Librelink

At present the only answer I know of is to use a Bubble not a Miao Miao

This will work with Libre 2 & sends data (readings) to its own App DiaBox

But xdrip is better if you can get & use a patched version I would do that

sorry not really much help

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I managed to get the L2 working with the MM2, it involved upgrading MM2 firmware, using MMs own version of xdrip and oop2 algo.

This worked collecting data and displaying on phone but and a big but it accepted calibrations but then ignored them. It also will send the readings to my Oppo watch but no way with the L2 can a watch be used as a collector as it stands like I do now with the L1.

I failed at building the patched LibreLink app on my PC so have yet to test that.

If anyone can send me the patched app to try it would be greatly appreciated.

minervaT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I managed to get the L2 working with the MM2, it involved upgrading MM2 firmware, using MMs own version of xdrip and oop2 algo.

This worked collecting data and displaying on phone but and a big but it accepted calibrations but then ignored them. It also will send the readings to my Oppo watch but no way with the L2 can a watch be used as a collector as it stands like I do now with the L1.

I failed at building the patched LibreLink app on my PC so have yet to test that.

If anyone can send me the patched app to try it would be greatly appreciated.
I would also be very glad to receive the patched Libre2 app if anyone can send it please.

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I understand the MARD (or as I understand it in layman's terms the accuracy compared to a blood glucose device) of the Libre 2 sensor compared the Libre 1 sensor has been improved from (in adults) 11.4% to 9.2%.

I have two questions.

First, if the the accuracy of the Libre 2 sensor has improved that significantly, why are people using Libre 2 sensors still choosing to use third party software to calibrate Libre 2 sensors?

Secondly, it is rumoured the accuracy of Libre 3 sensors will be identical to the Libre 2 and that it won't be necessary to scan the sensor anymore. Will people still use third party software to calibrate the Libre 3 data?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I understand the MARD (or as I understand it in layman's terms the accuracy compared to a blood glucose device) of the Libre 2 sensor compared the Libre 1 sensor has been improved from (in adults) 11.4% to 9.2%.

I have two questions.

First, if the the accuracy of the Libre 2 sensor has improved that significantly, why are people using Libre 2 sensors still choosing to use third party software to calibrate Libre 2 sensors?

Secondly, it is rumoured the accuracy of Libre 3 sensors will be identical to the Libre 2 and that it won't be necessary to scan the sensor anymore. Will people still use third party software to calibrate the Libre 3 data?

Hi,

I've been using the Libre 2 for a little while now.

With me, I find the third party app just a little more easy on the eye to take in with the day to day use.
Also, the updated app for the L2 don't work with my device.

DavidDK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I've been using the Libre 2 for a little while now.

With me, I find the third party app just a little more easy on the eye to take in with the day to day use.
Also, the updated app for the L2 don't work with my device.

Thanks Jaylee. So I take it then that you aren't using third party software in order to further calibrate the Libre 2 sensors and improve accuracy.

It would be interesting to know whether other users of Libre 2 sensors are also not trying to calibrate the Libre 2 sensor to improve accuracy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jaylee. So I take it then that you aren't using third party software in order to further calibrate the Libre 2 sensors and improve accuracy.

It would be interesting to know whether other users of Libre 2 sensors are also not trying to calibrate the Libre 2 sensor to improve accuracy.

Hi,

I found the L2 consistently closer to my meter than the L1. So calibrating with the L2 is not such a thing.
However, with the third party app experience it's easier to check calibration regarding the lag of a meter by clicking on a precise point in the linear graph & see a display of the BG at that point in time..
It's seems a little vague on the Librelink app?
Plus I have an "at a glance" BG read out widget, either on the home screen or locked. I even have a jazzy screensaver effect displaying my BGs whilst on charge.

MidnightPrizm

Sadly I am in the United States and the app is not yet available. I have been using the Libre 2 now for about 2 weeks and I have noticed my glucose readings a lot lower than they were with the 14 day sensors so it seems it might be more accurate although I have never calibrated the system. My main reason for getting on this program is to not ever have to stick myself. And as a type 2 I don't really need to monitor my readings as hard as a type 1. I am more concerned with hyper readings although I have ran into several hyp events lately but that might be because I am on Metformin as well as Ozempic. My main concern now is the **** alarms. I even attempt to turn off the reader at night and for some reason it turns itself on and proceeds to interrupt my sleep with those **** alarms lol. Probably will just put it on silent. How are the alarms on the phone? Cant wait until I have access to the Libre 3. I think by that time all these 3rd party extensions will no longer be necessary. I still cant find a dedicated all in one app that I can use that doesn't require a 3rd party accessory. I am hesitant to spend the money on extra parts when the official upgrades will make them obsolete in the future.

Gary Thom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got my Libre 2 working with xDrip via the patched LibreLink method which is great but I have one issue. The xDrip calibration seems to be stuck with a slope gradient of 1.00. Anyone know how to fix this?