Apples

ang

Tonight for the first time in about 4 years my blood glucose is down to 5.8 all down to low carbing. I can't begin to explain how happy this makes me !

A question......do any of you manage to eat apples without it raising your blood sugar, or do you suggest I just try and test and see what happens ?

Thanks x

Reactions: jjraak

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tonight for the first time in about 4 years my blood glucose is down to 5.8 all down to low carbing. I can't begin to explain how happy this makes me !

A question......do any of you manage to eat apples without it raising your blood sugar, or do you suggest I just try and test and see what happens ?

Thanks x

Hi there, you'd have to try it I reckon. Yes, apples DO raise my levels as quickly as a glucose tablet and if I'm going low but not quite hypo, I have one to eat instead of a hypo treatment. My levels always come down after around 90 minutes even without insulin.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I like to keep my post prandial rise beneath 6 mmol/L. When I eat a meal and dessert I tend to peak at 5.7. With half an apple I go to 6.4. Some would accept this, I don't, but this is a personal choice, based on the rise, or just a want.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks x
Test and see what effect they have - I sometimes eat half an apple with cheese with little effect on my BS.

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apples used to be the only fruit I would eat but even a small apple and my blood sugars would spike. Given them up.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apple have quite a lot more carbs than oranges. The only fruit bowl fruit I have now is an occasional small satsuma.