Non-diabetic hypoglycemia

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have non-diabetic hypoglycemia and wondering if anyone out there has been diagnosed with the same?

Hi @Loo2, welcome to the forum, I have been diagnosed after plenty of testing. It is rare, but if you look at the number of threads, you will realise, there are quite a few out there, all over the world.
It is classed as Reactive Hypoglycaemia now, because it needed to differentiate itself and other conditions such as T1 and T2. It is only a label, but since you were diagnosed, there are variations of all types of Hypoglycaemia. I have been diagnosed as ' Late Reactive Hypoglycaemia' Because I go hypo between three to four hours after carbs.
I have found the advice to eat every three hours is unsustainable and unnecessary, I use intermittent fasting and like @Brunneria eat on a couple of meals in the afternoon/evening. If you have fasting blood glucose levels that are normal before breakfast and don't have hypos through the night, the need for food is moot. If you can maintain normal levels without eating, that is the place your body copes better with. I am carb intolerant and lactose intolerant.
I agree you do need to find which foods trigger the overshoot of insulin.
I have done really well on a Keto diet, plenty of meat and salad vegetables, eggs. All my food is cooked or fresh, no processed or junk food.

I'm certain you have questions, if you read some of the threads on our forum, you will see some of the reasons why you should avoid carbs.
Keep safe and again welcome.