Dapagliflozin

Kellie*

Has anybody had any blood pressure problems on this medication. I know about the increased risk of uti’s ,thrush, back pain, but has anyone suffered any other side effects?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anybody had any blood pressure problems on this medication. I know about the increased risk of uti’s ,thrush, back pain, but has anyone suffered any other side effects?
Back pain? Really? My backs killing me!

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back pain? Really? My backs killing me!
Yes. I got quite bad back pain when I was on dapa, didn't associate it at first and then found out it was a side effect.

Was warned about the thrush and the DKA risks from the surgery, but shows how important it is to read the paperwork that comes

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. I got quite bad back pain when I was on dapa, didn't associate it at first and then found out it was a side effect.

Was warned about the thrush and the DKA risks from the surgery, but shows how important it is to read the paperwork that comes
could that be due to its effect on the kidneys?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s very interesting, I had put my bad back down to my recent enforced laziness but perhaps that was wrong. I actively avoid reading up on side effects because I feel weak minded enough to find what I look for.

Not sure how I test the backache question though, if taking these is more important than back ache? Who knows.

Reactions: RUTTERP

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I know for me it’s lowered again that they are monitoring it as I was lowish already

I’ve had the UTIs and thrush plus the bad back for the UTIs and thrush I don’t eat anymore than 7g of sugar as it’s the sugar in the pee that’s causing my problems and yes I can lapse on this.
I also had dizziness with it and got told to stand slowly. That sorted it self within the week thankfully.

anyone with dry skin caused by it as my skin is like rough paper