Hi all

Sugarlisa

5 weeks ago I pulled up my big girls panties and rejoined SlimmingWorld and lost so far 10lb and so far my bloods have behaved themselves and I’m also been wAlking every day safely in the area round me so will see in august if I’m in remission with my type 2 x

Reactions: Pura Vida

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be unusual to be classed as in remission unless you'd had a couple of years of normal Hba1c tests.
If you are seeing normal numbers day to day, though, then you are on your way, it just takes time.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be unusual to be classed as in remission unless you'd had a couple of years of normal Hba1c tests.
If you are seeing normal numbers day to day, though, then you are on your way, it just takes time.
My nurse said it would be a year before they count as such on their records. But regardless, just seeing a few periods of normal hba1c is a great achievement @Sugarlisa so fingers crossed

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Careful with Slimming World, they promote high carb low calorie. Making things like pasta, rice, potatoes syn free. These are rocket fuel for diabetics. Low carb is a much better way to go & will produce must faster & lasting results.

Reactions: Sarahjane41

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Well done that's super awesome with your weight loss, I used slimming world principles since being diagnosed with type 2 in april.

I still only use a tiny bit of fry light, but I've cut my carbs down to less than 50g a day and in a calorie deficit diet, which means I eat less move more and lose more weight.

I am also on the weekly injections and I've lost 45 pounds in 12 weeks, I got loads more to go. It's about testing what you can tolerate making big BUT realistic changes to your diet CARBS are the devil.

Drink as many fluids as possible to flush your system and be careful of yogurts, high sugar fruits. I check everything before i buy it and keep my sweet tooth down by having fibre one bars after my evening meal, sugar free jelly with frozen fruit is another treat too.

Keep moving keep going and hopefully you will have a better future. Remember baby steps diabetes didmt happen over night neither will controlling it.

GOOD LUCK XXX