I had an assesment this morning about my health

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I had an assesment this morning about my health and am being reffered to a balance group.
And also the Diabetic Community Nurse about my Blood Sugar but what about the weight gain i am finding hard to control my weight at the moment and my blood sugar if i have to use insulin i will just put more weight on and i will not be happy at all.

What do i do?

Sparklebright62.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all,

I had an assesment this morning about my health and am being reffered to a balance group.
And also the Diabetic Community Nurse about my Blood Sugar but what about the weight gain i am finding hard to control my weight at the moment and my blood sugar if i have to use insulin i will just put more weight on and i will not be happy at all.

What do i do?

Sparklebright62.
Controlling your blood sugar with low carb eating will also go a long way to control your weight. It’s the uncontrolled type 2 that causes weight gain as much as the other way around. It’ll also help with non alcoholic fatty liver and blood pressure issues. Insulin is a drug of last resort for type 2 and not the first option by a long way.
Take a read of the links in red below this message for more explanations and sources of information.

Reactions: lucylocket61

jenfoolery

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Agree - insulin will be the last resort unless you are super super high, in which case they probably would have sent you to an emergency department. If they want you to try medication, the one(s) they usually start with also have the effect of helping with weight loss, so that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's obviously better if you can do it yourself just through diet and exercise but everyone's disease progression is different and it's not possible for everyone to just get it into remission without medication.

Hotglove

Hi,
I have been on a low carb diet for a couple of months, I have found it very effective and much easier to stick to than I expected.
Coupled with an exercise program I feel fitter and more trim than I have been in 10 years, have lost 8” from my waistline in 6 months.
I even enjoy finding substitutes for rice, bread and pasta, favourites include cauliflower rice, almond and mozzarella “bread” sticks and broccoli and cauliflower bubble and squeak.
Try it, you might be very surprised at how effective such a diet can be, and there is absolutely no need to be hungry at any time.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy and coby